PDA

View Full Version : No USAS rule on server OG1?

RPGforYOU
2012-03-09, 19:54
hey,

Some players asked for a no usas rule on OG1.

My proposition would be no automatic shotguns.
for the evenings on the OG1!

Cause we can not really force it 24/7 lets stand on 5 of our servers.

So my question to you guys. Would you like something like this?
Or you got other suggestion?

kollez
2012-03-09, 20:07
i think this will bring a lot of skilled players who are playing in evening hours.
but would like also to be a "NO USAS + NO BOOSTERS" in the time like(19:00-00:00) every night.
now it is a big opportunity to spot great players,and not only "great guys" to recruit and join OG.
and there is also a big help now of new OG-s to be there as moderators.

error.exe
2012-03-09, 20:29
unfortunatly im a person who uses the RPG booster.
So no boosters would not be something i'd vote for since it would dis-allow me to join the servers. lol.
But no USAS, yes please!!!!!! ÂÂ*8) ÂÂ*I fucking hate that no-skill noob automatic shotgun

st0mpy
2012-03-09, 20:40
a rule like that would be a nightmare to enforce and generate unhappiness from people that come expecting no usas when we cant be there, as well as split the community

-few players read the rules, they would have to be adminned to make them realise/change their loadouts
-some that do read rules will just use/troll them anyway till they are forced out by an admin
-many regulars use the server with shotguns and itll annoy as many as itll please making them change
-a lot of people like to use shotguns, we only ever hear angry opinion from shotgun haters, the ppl that use them just get on with it quietly
-we are close to a nerf anyway, that may bring relief to the haters without the pain

before any decision is made i suggest contact/discussion with a server owner/admin that has tried to enforce this rule to find out how it worked out for them - iirc asfos french clan has run one like that

the only middle ground i see is event style evenings when an admin can be guaranteed present and theres no slack time where people will come to expect rules when there is no one to deal with them. They dont have to be unranked or as formal as other events, but certainly there should be an official post and a guarantee that the admin will be present from time X to time Y on days XY or Z ... and whoever that admin is they better understand they wont have a lot of time to play in between a stream of kickings.

orroz
2012-03-10, 07:46
a rule like that would be a nightmare to enforce and generate unhappiness from people that come expecting no usas when we cant be there, as well as split the community

-few players read the rules, they would have to be adminned to make them realise/change their loadouts
-some that do read rules will just use/troll them anyway till they are forced out by an admin

I think this was a great idea before stompy wrote this! People dont like changes.

Angel1
2012-03-13, 17:06
Having just spent all day leaving games cos noobs with usas and boosters are just slaughtering everyone I think this is an excellent idea.

Nobody (apart from idiots) likes the usas. We all want it gone. So why not? Just get rid of it and we can enjoy a better game

error.exe
2012-03-13, 18:58
I'd like to come back to what I said earlyer. Shotguns are part of the game. Completely dis-alowing them would not benefit our servers and gameplay. But a restriction to perhaps 4 max a server would be possible in my opinion.

Omega_Weapon
2012-03-14, 12:37
I agree for enforcing those rules on server one.who plays and sees those players kick them.it's also when u feeling mean:D.I am always for balanced gameplay.Peace.

CriscoSpectrum
2012-03-16, 17:17
Please add this rule. I play on this server a lot, and I get bashed by USAS douchebags all the time!

RPGforYOU
2012-03-17, 10:08
I updated OG1 only with new additional rules!
These are just for testing how the server will role without those weapons and booster!

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=55822&pid=715746#pid715746

Please kick/warn accordingly if players do not follow these additional rules for OG1! :)

CriscoSpectrum
2012-03-17, 19:35
You did NOT put comic sans on my banners did you! DID YOU?!?!

RPGforYOU
2012-03-17, 19:37
Haha I did! :P Told you my graphical skills are limited to paint! ;D

error.exe
2012-03-17, 19:58
lol. Banners got raped. #lovingit!

CriscoSpectrum
2012-03-19, 11:30
The rule is awesome! Sharqi is nice to play again! Unless one of you guys isn't around, then a few autoshotgun users are bloating and laughing because they dont get kicked :(

Anyway, try to use this banner:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12113766/og1_combat_serverbanner_v2.png

It doesnt have Comic Sans, maybe people will take it seriously now :P

RPGforYOU
2012-03-19, 15:06
But, we also don't allow semi auto shotguns, and that isn't mentioned in your banner. :)

CriscoSpectrum
2012-03-19, 16:03
But, we also don't allow semi auto shotguns, and that isn't mentioned in your banner. :)

Yes it is :3

RPGforYOU
2012-03-19, 16:39
Now it is! :P Adjusted ;)