PDA

View Full Version : GDC brings new info about BF3's future

Vercetti
2012-03-04, 00:36
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/welcome-inside-dice/

DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson
For any fan, GDC will bring some very exciting news about the future of Battlefield 3.

We were planning to announce our next expansion pack in February. Turned out it wasn’t feasible, but not before word got out that it was in the plans.

The next client update for Battlefield 3 on all platforms is a big one. It’s been in the works for quite some time now, and the reason it’s taking its time is we want to make it a really great update. That and the fact that each client update on console is in part governed by first party and for technical reasons have some lead time. For a while there, it looked like the next Battlefield 3 update would go live in February. So we messaged that. Guess what? It didn’t happen. We wanted to fill it with even more content, which takes extra time. We are now aiming to get this update out this spring, and will have a clear date closer to release.

Spring = 21 March/21 June..... Probably the update will be released on 20 June then.....

WhiteMoose
2012-03-04, 10:05
dice is so incredibly slow with updates....

Burning
2012-03-04, 11:51
How about, do a part of the update now, and do the other part in spring -.-
everybody happy haha. I rather have them feed us small updates. Than letting us starve to come up with a big patch after ages.

WhiteMoose
2012-03-04, 12:00
How about, do a part of the update now, and do the other part in spring -.-
everybody happy haha. I rather have them feed us small updates. Than letting us starve to come up with a big patch after ages.

+1

andBalls
2012-03-04, 16:51
That means several more months of MAV glitching aand ramming. AT least I'll get to enjoy the un-nerfed Pecheneg for a while longer then.

Neera
2012-03-07, 15:20
"Close Quarters", "Armored Kill" and "End Game" will be the next DLCs. First one coming June this year.
Close Quarters will emphasize on Infantry with 4 new Maps and 10 new Weapons.
Armored Kill will emphasize on vehicles and will contain the biggest map there will ever be for Battlefield 3.

source: pcgh.de (http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,871665/Battlefield-3-auf-der-GDC-2012-Drei-neue-Addons-angekuendigt/Action-Spiel/News/)

WhiteMoose
2012-03-07, 15:23
Close Quarters = small 16 player maps... for all the cod kids......

Very much doubt I'll be getting it.

RPGforYOU
2012-03-07, 17:15
Well yeh ... we are waiting. :P