PDA

View Full Version : Coffee club or clan ?

NWAB
2012-02-17, 05:29
I understand that this games has just undergone a major re organisation and also that a large number of player are now playing BF3 where as they used to be P4F members. Â*

Ok, Â*I’ve been on for 5 days now I know that’s not long but….

I have many questions.

I’ve not used TS in combat once. Â* is it worth it?

I’ve not been able to team up with any clan members in combat probably because I don’t have a clue who is in the clan. Â* If there not in TS. Â*How do I find out who’s in the clan?

To promote team work. Does the clan have training sessions ?

If each player is placed at random on to a map Red / Blue how does that work in TS surely it is not much of an advantage for both teams to talk in the same TS room kind of telling the enemy where you are ?

It appears to me that all the infrastructure is in place to make this a pro active clan but there seems to be a lack of get up and go. I just wonder if I’m the only one that wants Â*to play the game as a team? Â* Because at the moment it seems that most of the members are playing as individuals.

Is OG always gonna be a coffee club or are we gonna make it a clan again????

LEAD FROM THE FRONT

DragonBoon
2012-02-17, 08:42
I understand that this games has just undergone a major re organisation and also that a large number of player are now playing BF3 where as they used to be P4F members. *

Ok, *I’ve been on for 5 days now I know that’s not long but….

I have many questions.

I’ve not used TS in combat once. * is it worth it? Sure it is, IF you use it for tactical speak. Join trainings or wars and you'll see.

I’ve not been able to team up with any clan members in combat probably because I don’t have a clue who is in the clan. * If there not in TS. *How do I find out who’s in the clan? Press TAB and look for the OG clan tag...thoose are our members. Ask in chat if you can join their team, if the team is full. Usually their going to kick someone who's not clan member to make space for you.

To promote team work. Does the clan have training sessions ? Yes, tuesdays at 8:15

If each player is placed at random on to a map Red / Blue how does that work in TS surely it is not much of an advantage for both teams to talk in the same TS room kind of telling the enemy where you are ? Teampseak automatically puts you in different channels, if it's set up to do so. If not, you can still change manually.

It appears to me that all the infrastructure is in place to make this a pro active clan but there seems to be a lack of get up and go. I just wonder if I’m the only one that wants *to play the game as a team? * Because at the moment it seems that most of the members are playing as individuals. You share the same impression as I do. But 1. you can't force poeple to join trainings and wars, and 2. you can't force people to show more actvivity for the clan. We're all individuals with individual opinions and attitudes.

Is OG always gonna be a coffee club or are we gonna make it a clan again???? I wouldn't have said it as harsh as this, but I'd prefer the Clan instead of the Club...:D

LEAD FROM THE FRONT

Wref
2012-02-17, 12:14
Obviously DragonBoon's answers/comments relate to the BF3 division of the community.

Can someone please pass me the chocolate biscuits? xD

RPGforYOU
2012-02-17, 16:52
I understand that this games has just undergone a major re organisation and also that a large number of player are now playing BF3 where as they used to be P4F members. *

Ok, *I’ve been on for 5 days now I know that’s not long but….

I have many questions.

I’ve not used TS in combat once. * is it worth it?
-It is definably worth it! It allows easy communication when you play together! :)

I’ve not been able to team up with any clan members in combat probably because I don’t have a clue who is in the clan. * If there not in TS. *How do I find out who’s in the clan?
-Mostly they are in Teamspeak! Some you can find by the -=OG=- Tag but not everybody has it.
We also have a list of players in our roster under the BFP4F section. But the best is to be in teamspeak, and ask it in server.

To promote team work. Does the clan have training sessions ?
- For the moment we don't, explained under.

If each player is placed at random on to a map Red / Blue how does that work in TS surely it is not much of an advantage for both teams to talk in the same TS room kind of telling the enemy where you are ?
- Well we can easily create sub channels in TS: US / RU and move everybody in the correct sub channel!
So you don't tell the enemy where you are!

It appears to me that all the infrastructure is in place to make this a pro active clan but there seems to be a lack of get up and go. I just wonder if I’m the only one that wants *to play the game as a team? * Because at the moment it seems that most of the members are playing as individuals.
- We play here and there together, for the moment we don't have clan wars or anything like that.
But we surely want it back for the future!

Is OG always gonna be a coffee club or are we gonna make it a clan again????
- I understand why you say if it is a coffee club. Right now yes.
It is because we lost some members on BF3 game, and also because of the 20th BFP4F December update!
Which made some members of us not wanting to play any more! We of course want to get our number of members back up! And back into challenging clans and training matches! So yes, we do want to be a clan again! But for that we have to have more members back into this game!

We are busy recovering from those 2 hits we took! ;)

NWAB
2012-02-17, 17:59
Thank you guys for your replies…

I assume DragonBoon you are talking about BF3 not play 4 free, please correct me if I am wrong.

And too many chocolate biscuits will make you fat Wref Â*a much bigger target. Â*Who knows I might even be able to hit you instead of the barn door I’ve been looking for Â*lol

I’ve owned my own TS server for 4 years and used to run my old game clan in it and ya it’s a wonderful tool. but only if people use it.. typically we would have 150 people spread over 12 different maps on in an evening.

The idea that the server has to be balanced is really weird I’m sure in the real world the generals would say “hold on you have more men than me give me a regiment to balance things up” Â* lol Â*did we not select which side we wanted to be when we signed up for the game ?

Could we ask all members to add the clan tag to there name ?? Â*e.g. Â* NWAB -=OG=- Â* This would make it easier for every one to see who’s who and also help to recruit new members. If players see a large number of OG tags fighting as a team and taking the fight to the enemy they are more likely to ask to join to be a part of that ?

As far as training is concerned maybe a set time and day the same as DragonBoon quoted above might be an idea. If members know it’s on they are more likely to want to be apart of it. Â*I know I would… Â*and even if it’s just coffee time now it will build I’m sure into team training.. Â* Is it possible to close a server to non VIP members for an hour a month or a week ? Â*for training..

Would it be a good idea to set up the sub channels now in TS so as new members join they get used to the idea of putting them self into the right channel and in that way it becomes second nature for them in the future?

I’m sorry if I’m a pain in the AS* but as I said in my app. I’m a team player and want to get fully involve in the game community. Â*I’ll make all the suggestions I can to improve my game and hopefully everyone else’s its up to the bosses to sort out the good ideas from the bad ones.

LEAD FROM THE FRONT

Wref
2012-02-17, 18:20
Sorry, but we don't have a team for BFH anymore.

As long as this post stays in this forum, oldguys will not take any match for BFP4F!

When I first applied to become an OG member, my main goal/objective was to play competitively for both BFH and BFP4F (I would like to think that I can play both games quite well), but alas the wheels have well and truly fallen off of both wagons, it's now blatantly obvious that the majority of the communities emphasis is directed at BF3.

Undoubtedly BF3 is the where the OG action is these days.

[hr:665695bfef]

Can someone please pass me the chocolate biscuits? xD

On a more serious note NWAB, I actually agree with most of what you have said above.

The Old Guys BFP4F division has some really skilled players, it is however a very rare (blue moon) occasion to see them all online...playing at the same time, and that in itself is indeed a big shame.

Unfortunately some of other guys have lost all/complete faith in the game because of the diabolical 20/12/11 nerf, and subsequently they have moved on to different/other games.

In respect to the OG clan tag being added into the OG-BFP4F members game nicks, that of course will cost them funds/money to rename, also I notice that some members like the incognito/stealth approach of public play.

A set training day/time would be a great thing to implement, and im sure that this would happily be facilitated if the demand/interest is sufficient enough.

In relation to the teamspeak RU/US sub channels, with more active members it would definitely be the right thing to do, but with the current level of activity I could envisage members/players sat in channels by themselves with no one to talk too, and that could prove to be counterproductive.

Btw, your not a pain in the arse, I initially had very similar thoughts about the BFP4F divisions lack of competitive cohesion, but unlike you, I took the easy route out and jumped on to the back seat.

You have some great ideas with good intention, and I will be following/watching this thread with bated breath.

RPGforYOU
2012-02-17, 21:27
Thank you guys for your replies…

I assume DragonBoon you are talking about BF3 not play 4 free, please correct me if I am wrong.
- He is.

And too many chocolate biscuits will make you fat Wref *a much bigger target. *Who knows I might even be able to hit you instead of the barn door I’ve been looking for *lol
- Haha and I'm betting his misses had to gave him the biscuits lazy bastard! :P

I’ve owned my own TS server for 4 years and used to run my old game clan in it and ya it’s a wonderful tool. but only if people use it.. typically we would have 150 people spread over 12 different maps on in an evening.

The idea that the server has to be balanced is really weird I’m sure in the real world the generals would say “hold on you have more men than me give me a regiment to balance things up” * lol *did we not select which side we wanted to be when we signed up for the game ?
- No, it doesn't take notice of the side you are on in this game. It just equals out the teams so they stay 10 -10 or 16 - 16 and it moves players when it isn't in balance. Randomly, and we can't put it of on a RANKED server.

Could we ask all members to add the clan tag to there name ?? *e.g. * NWAB -=OG=- * This would make it easier for every one to see who’s who and also help to recruit new members. If players see a large number of OG tags fighting as a team and taking the fight to the enemy they are more likely to ask to join to be a part of that ?
- Hm, we can ask yes. But we can't force, since it cost some P4F funds ... But I'm gonne look tmw to add a OG tagg to my name. Should suit me fine! :)

As far as training is concerned maybe a set time and day the same as DragonBoon quoted above might be an idea. If members know it’s on they are more likely to want to be apart of it. *I know I would… *and even if it’s just coffee time now it will build I’m sure into team training.. * Is it possible to close a server to non VIP members for an hour a month or a week ? *for training..
- We can close servers as we want, only password protecting doesn't work cause EASY messed up with the latest update. We can start training matches again when we have a decent active member amount again.

Would it be a good idea to set up the sub channels now in TS so as new members join they get used to the idea of putting them self into the right channel and in that way it becomes second nature for them in the future?
- Mmh I look into tmw how I could fit that and doesn't make it to annoying in all the channels...

I’m sorry if I’m a pain in the AS* but as I said in my app. I’m a team player and want to get fully involve in the game community. *I’ll make all the suggestions I can to improve my game and hopefully everyone else’s its up to the bosses to sort out the good ideas from the bad ones.
- We are standing open for all suggestions and idea's ;)

LEAD FROM THE FRONT

NWAB
2012-02-18, 03:54
Thanks again for your reply RPG.

I had a look at changing my name after I’d posted it in here and now realise that that wouldn’t be an acceptable option for most players because of the cost..

As far as closing a server is it possible to close it to non VIP players, which would mean only OG members can get into it for a while, I really don’t know how the servers are set up in this game so kinda writing blind here, as I said earlier I’ll throw them in you sort out the good ones

And you should be able to create sub channels in each map channel so Â*

BPF$ Server #1 Sharqi & Basra
I
I--------Russian
I
I--------American

I can set them as temp ones so you or frank should have the rights to do it permanent. Â* as always most people will sit in the main one but as time goes on they will get used to using the correct channel. Â*Maybe or not Â*lol , Â*but it’s worth the try I guess.

Just as a foot note I got kicked mid game from #4 tonight I have know idea why. Are the server mods, OG members as well, and if so why are they not in TS? Â* Â*In this game TS seems to be the only common communication method. If I’m gonna get kicked off a VIP server I’d really like to know why because if it’s something I’ve done wrong I’d like the opportunity not to make the same mistake again.

LEAD FROM THE FRONT

DragonBoon
2012-02-18, 07:40
Oups, true, wrong section...but "all the action" is also a joke?

It's true many members are emphasized to BF3, but only a part of them participate in the Clan.

st0mpy
2012-02-18, 09:58
@NWAB

Ive checked the logs, no one kicked you in the past 2 days, could be the server crashed? or was just another P4F cockup? any idea of what message you got?

competitive team: yeah we had one, but not many wanted to put in the time to practice...we could get people to play some wars but come time to work out things like the rush or some kind of teamwork then attendance was far less. Â*If we get enough to do an 8 man battle id play.

servers: we can put any server into unranked mode for practice/wars

subchannels: creatable whenever we want them, but with the way P4F handles teamswitching one minute your on one team, next youre on another - they only really work when we have ~4 a side at least. Also we dont spend time getting onto the same side, and even when we are i think some people have given up communicating and just rage about being killed - I had a great few rounds with russianD and bernd the other night, how was it more fun? we set targets, located each other and kept together where possible... didnt make much differece to the outcome, but it was great to feel as part of a squad again.

RPGforYOU
2012-02-18, 11:24
Thanks again for your reply RPG.

I had a look at changing my name after I’d posted it in here and now realise that that wouldn’t be an acceptable option for most players because of the cost..

- Yeh indeed, I looked yesterday Then I saw 5000 PF funds. I was like mmh, maybe someday when I have enough... :P

As far as closing a server is it possible to close it to non VIP players, which would mean only OG members can get into it for a while, I really don’t know how the servers are set up in this game so kinda writing blind here, as I said earlier I’ll throw them in you sort out the good ones

- It is possible to close servers down with a password. Only that option is currently ducked up again by EASY. So hope they fix it next patch again...

And you should be able to create sub channels in each map channel so *

BPF$ Server #1 Sharqi & Basra
I
I--------Russian
I
I--------American

- That would make our channel size VERY big!

I can set them as temp ones so you or frank should have the rights to do it permanent. * as always most people will sit in the main one but as time goes on they will get used to using the correct channel. *Maybe or not *lol , *but it’s worth the try I guess.

- Yeh only Staff can put channels permanent to avoid unnecessary spam by guests ...

Just as a foot note I got kicked mid game from #4 tonight I have know idea why. Are the server mods, OG members as well, and if so why are they not in TS? * *In this game TS seems to be the only common communication method. If I’m gonna get kicked off a VIP server I’d really like to know why because if it’s something I’ve done wrong I’d like the opportunity not to make the same mistake again.

- Well as stompy said he couldn't find anything in the admin/mod logs. So probably a server kick.
Reasons for that: - Server crash | idling | To high ping

LEAD FROM THE FRONT

error.exe
2012-02-19, 08:20
Questions are good. Keep the fire going! Â*8)

TheIncredible
2012-02-20, 22:21
i also love this thread.....can´t wait to go into real battles with you guys again...we just need around 10 people and for the start we should aim for training on sunday (european evenin) so the american timezones could manage to play with us too (because only sunday seems to be a good day where americans could play on middays....correct me if i am wrong)