PDA

View Full Version : Voice Activated Commands...

DragonBoon
2012-02-15, 19:11
...is a tool that lets you utilize keyboard commands via voice input. You'll get it over here...

http://www.dwvac.com/

...and I'm using it primarly for Skyrim, but also plan to set up a profile for BF3.

Basically what it does, is, you speak a word into your headset and then it automatically triggers the keyboard key for said action. It's very useful if you feel that flying over your keyboard and searching for keys, is much to complicated. It'S a 30 days trial and you can buy it for 18€ after that.

VAC is a very easy and very useful tool and you're probably going to like it.

Hidde
2012-02-15, 22:24
so you can actually shout in skyrim? win!

iNco782
2012-02-15, 22:44
What's the response time like from saying a command to the action taking place?

DragonBoon
2012-02-16, 17:24
It has some latency, but it's still faster in response then moving your hand to the key, specially if it's far away.

I'm currently using it to switch map size, switch weapons and turn on and off weapon lights. While you do this, you can still concentrate on fighting.

I'm probably also going to use it to mute/unmute teamspeak.

ExLee
2012-02-16, 18:30
Imagine that you would use it to shoot your weapon in BF3 by shouting "shoot" :D

badger906
2012-02-16, 22:31
so on team speak all we will hear is "space" "enter" "f1" lol

DragonBoon
2012-02-17, 07:24
so on team speak all we will hear is "space" "enter" "f1" lol

You won't hear anything from me, because I use Teamspeak with activation button.

You hear the command, not the button. I say "map" and the magnitude of the map is changed, I say "flare" and the helicopter/jet fires a flare. I say "mute teamspeak" and don't have to hear badger906 talking about trivial nonsense and how everything is gay, instead of giving tactical advice.

Buttons get activated through voice command.

badger906
2012-02-18, 17:01
well personal attacks show a great level of maturity.. apologies for having a personality. Criticism noted.