PDA

View Full Version : ARMA 3

Hangover
2012-02-13, 20:06
If this games is so good as i looks i´m gona buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9mIgaBmU8

ExLee
2012-02-14, 19:26
It does look pretty but for me it's Gameplay > Graphics ÂÂ* :roll:

badger906
2012-02-14, 20:13
ill sum up arma in a short sentence "run around for hours see nothing, get shot... out for another hour".. its too sim like to be enjoyable.

Hangover
2012-02-14, 20:47
Is there only big maps in ARMA ? och is it too few players ?

badger906
2012-02-14, 23:06
the maps are massive. and the camo system woeks really well, and the guns bullet drop is really realistic. at like 300m with an m4 your bullets are hitting the guy your shooting ats feet.

the previous arma had piss poor hit detection and it was really buggy. really did ruin a game i was looking forward too. online also had AI to bump up the player count, and it was really hit or miss, sometimes they would just stand still, other times they would head shot you from like 500000000miles away.. was a poorly programed title at first. i gave up before the patches came out lol so i never knew if it was improved.

Hangover
2013-03-27, 20:49
So the alpha version is here. I know some of you have alreday bought it. Is it worth the money ? My son is playing it and he really like the game. What do you think ?

0daro0
2013-03-27, 21:56
i need a better graphic card if i wanna play it normal. so not a game for me.

Burning
2013-03-27, 23:58
So the alpha version is here. I know some of you have alreday bought it. Is it worth the money ? My son is playing it and he really like the game. What do you think ?

Comes down to this

Arma 3 ÂÂ*and arma in general is a military Simulator. Key word- Simulator. That means very few action. No run& gun.
Everything is realistic, mechanics therfor are clunky.

Arma 3 has been hyped because of DayZ , I suspect many buy it, but will not play it,it's always the select audience of hardcore realism people that play this game like it's modern day irak, with command structure, asking fire permissions, air support etc etc etc.
Personally ,i like team play. But Arma 2's players are way to serious for me. heck you can't even call them players I guess. Most of them are ex-military or the like. It's much like somebody above described. You walk for 2 hours. Lay for 30 min. Then the fight lasts 15 mins . Usually you don't even see the enemy very well but fire in there direction to suppress them. Call in air support, thats it.

I don't think DayZ will even come to arma 3, since it will have it's own standalone soon.
In short. If you like super realistic combat and playing 'war'' like it's real. Then get this. If you don't. Just leave it, it won't be something you will be playing very long.