PDA

View Full Version : Audio Issues - Please Help !

Freaknchronic
2012-02-06, 00:13
I recently upgraded my Graphics card, hard drive and OS (Win 7) in order to better run BF3, other games and applications.

Everything was running great until just yesterday. All of a sudden I lose sound in BF3 shortly after map load and then it does not return. Other games and Youtube etc sometimes have gaps of no sound but for the most part run ok.

I have been reading forums all weekend and have tried all of their suggestions including updating drivers etc., still no luck. I hear that alot of people are experiencing the same issues and I was wondering if anyone in the Clan has and if they were able to fix it.

The last possibility that I have is that my motherboard (Asus P5LD2) and chipset (Intel Pentium Dual Core, not sure of the specs at this moment) are the last pieces to be updated and are a few years old. If replacing these is necessary then so be it but if anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thank you in advance for any help !!!

Freaknchronic | Duncan

Freaknchronic
2012-02-06, 00:24
PS: My new graphics card is the Radeon HD 6870, running on Medium to mitigate fps issues.

In my search of these audio issues I have not been able to find a Win 7 Driver for my motherboard on the Asus page, it appears that they only go up to Win Vista.

BF3 has been running excellent (other than fps at the start of map) for 3+ weeks, just started acting up in the last couple days, hmmmm.

Thanks again guys for any help !

Vercetti
2012-02-06, 00:40
I think the best guy to ask is Caveman? He's into hardware and everything.

Freaknchronic
2012-02-06, 12:45
It looks like I have fixed this problem atleast for now, I did a couple restarts and the audio seems to be working perfectly now.

I look forward to getting back out there with you guys !

Asigan
2012-02-08, 02:10
Just let windows search the driver, may it has the driver in the date base. And if you know which audio card do you have, just google it. And download the drivers from the homepage of the audio device.