PDA

View Full Version : Idea on a OG intern BF3 league

DragonBoon
2012-01-13, 07:04
Hi Folks,

the idea is easy. We had something similar in my last COD clan, basically it works like that:

Season is one year (or a month, we'd decide by voting). Players enlist to confirm their participation. Matches are played 1on1 or 2on2, so people would have to team up and also play as single party, or choose one of booth. Depending on how many people join in, we could also do 3on3 or even 4on4.

Season starts on January. Everybody would need to do a match on everybody else who joined. So if we have 4 teams 2on2, we'd need to do 12 matches in a period of one month. By the end of the yearly season, if we choose to do yearly seasons, the team with the most points would win the championship. Loose=0 points+kills, draw=15 points+kills, ÂÂ*win= 30 points+kills.

Basically it works like soccer but with a different score ladder.

The idea behind it is fun and to make training have more effect on training players skills. Matches would last 5, 10 or maybe 15 minutes. Rules would need to be made and a referee must be determined, so everybody follows the rules.

This all sounds complicated and no fun? Believe me, it was an awesome fun in my old clan and the monthly highlight. We anticipated it even more then clan matches against other clans.

Talk...give input... :D

WhiteMoose
2012-01-13, 12:14
I think 4v4 would be a minimum for BF3.

1v1/2v2 works for CoD, but I don't think it works for BF3.

ExLee
2012-01-14, 06:40
Yeah Whitemoose is right, Battlefield is about teamwork so there must be more players besides maps are way to big for just a few players...

DragonBoon
2012-01-14, 07:30
Play rush on small maps and you're good to go. And how is COD not about teamwork? Why compare BF3 to another game to weighten your argument?

ExLee
2012-01-14, 10:31
How much teamwork can you have in a 1v1 ? It's not about the game is about the player count...

0daro0
2012-01-14, 11:04
i like the idea from 3vs3 or 4vs4 you have more teamwork to do!

Hidde
2012-01-14, 11:49
3vs3 on a map like Kharg Island TDM is possible, but these kinds of games are more suitable for CoD. Nevertheless, it should be fun.

HardestNoob
2012-01-14, 14:07
in my opinion we alos need to play atleast 4on4 and the best gamemode for that is squad rush

Gisse
2012-01-14, 17:21
didn't we already applied for such activity some 2 month ago and nothing from that?

iNco782
2012-01-14, 19:32
Yes Gisse, you are right. ÂÂ*I had some grand ideas about 4vs4 however it did not come to fruition mainly down to lack of time and the festive period receding active numbers.

Who knows what the future might hold.

DragonBoon
2012-01-15, 11:38
Well, at least we should try to start something like that. How about doing a 4on4 match within the training? We could build up on that and see how people attend. This is why I said people need to applicate and know what they are doing. If you commit to something like that you need the will to pervade it.

I think one of you should start a thread about how training is going to take place. I don't know weither if there ever is going to be one, nor do I know when it will be. Who leads the training and did he already made a plan about what could be trained? I have a lot of input to share if you guys start a discussion over here at the forums.

I'm not staff, I'm a trial, so I sure won't give the initial impetus on what we do and how it should be done.

I feel the situation is similar to my old clan. Some guys were talking about getting more serious, but in order to improve our skills and the clan, we actually have to do and talk about it, not sit around and wait for it to improve itself. Weekly trainings, monthly clan battles, intern league, talking about tactics and maps, talking about general military commands, learn to understand each other in combat and work as a team, share tips about the game, learn how to communicate on Teamspeak etc. etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong. I understand this is a Fun-Clan. But I do feel like some people really want to inialize something more serious, so what we are waiting for?

SchoogI
2012-01-15, 13:39
I'm with DragonBoon on all what he said. I'm kind of a new player to Battlefield that's why I can only participate, not initiate, but still - I'll put all my heart into trainings :)

Still, from what experience I've gathered playing Counter-Strike on some upper level, the best way to train and know eachother is actually playing sparring games, fun-wars, etc. The best way to learn moves and stuff.
Of course some theoretical knowledge (like naming the buildings, corners etc) is required and here I could offer my help.
I have some graphic skills, with help from some more experienced player I can prepare map callouts so everybody can learn how to correctly name the positions and stuff.

My idea would be: let's try to make a list who's up to some more serious gaming (as I understand there're great OG members who simply don't have the time or willingness to put their time into this - which is still perfectly fine, let's understand not everyone can be online 3 hours per day everyday).
Let's see how that list could be and move forward from there, what do you guys think?

DragonBoon
2012-01-15, 15:01
I'm with DragonBoon on all what he said. I'm kind of a new player to Battlefield that's why I can only participate, not initiate, but still - I'll put all my heart into trainings :)

Still, from what experience I've gathered playing Counter-Strike on some upper level, the best way to train and know eachother is actually playing sparring games, fun-wars, etc. The best way to learn moves and stuff.
Of course some theoretical knowledge (like naming the buildings, corners etc) is required and here I could offer my help.
I have some graphic skills, with help from some more experienced player I can prepare map callouts so everybody can learn how to correctly name the positions and stuff.

My idea would be: let's try to make a list who's up to some more serious gaming (as I understand there're great OG members who simply don't have the time or willingness to put their time into this - which is still perfectly fine, let's understand not everyone can be online 3 hours per day everyday).
Let's see how that list could be and move forward from there, what do you guys think?

I think you have had a good idea Sir...:D

It's important that we just start talking about it. I'm currently working on maps for designation purposes, see if I'll upload them this evening.

About the list, count me on it.