PDA

View Full Version : 0daro0 New PC plans/build

0daro0
2012-01-11, 18:42
hello guys,
i have some plans to do and buy

First what i now want is a nice case, price max 125 euro
i have seen some lemme know what you think of it

my Mobo needs to fit in it ,its a ATX Format.

NZXT PHantom (white or Black)
AeroCool Xpredator
CS Storm Trooper

FluggerNO
2012-01-11, 19:45
can u post your old specs?.
If there is something to work on?.

0daro0
2012-01-11, 19:52
i hope i can sell my case with everything in it for a nice price

what i got is.

Case: CA 0300 RAPTOR (MS-Tech)
Power supply: ThermalTake 600 watt
Cooler: Corsair H70 ( waterkoeling) + Fan regelaar voor overige Fans in de kast
Processor: AMD Q9950 Black edition (Gewone Cooler aanwezig)
HDD: Seagate 750 GB Sate 32MB cache
Memory: 2 x2 GB kingston sli 800mhz DDR2
Motherbord: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3N78 PRO (Socket AM2+ )
DVD player/burn dual layer: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L ATA Device
Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB Series Vapor-X

Some photo's:

http://i44.tinypic.com/vshsts.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/qx70k0.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2irceo.jpg

Hidde
2012-01-12, 00:03
Budget? I'll make something once you've posted it. The _thing_ in your TS sucks, why take a Fusion processor if you're gonna use a dedicated graphics card? I will make something tomorrow, given you've posted your budget by then ÂÂ*:wink: Also please mention if a monitor and other stuff (keyboard, mouse, mousepad etc) has to be included in the budget.

0daro0
2012-01-12, 05:48
hey

What you mean the-thing for ts sucks.

and why no new socket with new processor they should be faster of iam right or is am3 + also enough
Atleast what i want is good processor Usb3.0 pci-e 3.0 and Ddr3 ofcourse

normaly AMD is more cheques with almost the same speed

i already have monitor keyboard mouse stereo
22inch fullhd samsung
logitech keyboard
Some cheap trust game mouse (works Fine use it already 4 years)
logitech 5.1 (was arround 100 euro)

budget is arround 450 now ATM. Iam selling some stuff also.
Ssd is not needed can buy it later also. Also the graphic card can maybe wait
first priority is the setup ,case with everything in it except the Ssd and card

Lets see what you can make of it

DragonBoon
2012-01-12, 07:39
Athlon is slower in any way nowadays. Just get an i7 or i5 (in case you wanna upgrade and safe some money). Wait for 2-3 weeks, when the new generation GPU will be released, you'll get the old for cheap. Anything beyond 560 or 6950 is well enough for todays games. I use a 560 and I'm able to play BF3 and Skyrim on ultra at ~50 FPS.

The only thing real important is to get Windows7.

0daro0
2012-01-12, 09:02
which new generations ? Intel or AMD .

I got Windows 7 64 bits ^^ Thats no prOblem

Asigan
2012-01-12, 16:15
I would never pick "Bulldozer" == It's just polemic Architecture, It's better the predecessor. Just look for some i5 even a i3 high end, you could search for one without Gpu integrated.

For the Mother Board i will choose something from, Evga or Gigabyte, then check the compatible ram table and pick one of there, just to be sure that it's tested. It's pretty strange to have problems not choosing one from there but just for to be sure.

Talking now about the Graphic Card, you don't need to buy a high end graphic card that cost like 500 euros to have 2041234123 fps when you just want stable rate, your hardly limited by your monitor 60Hz-75hz . So you should be concern more about if the grey to grey of your screen its high enough like 2ms that it's pretty slow, compared with new OLed monitors that are gonna have like 1ms or less. Another thing to take in consideration it's that a single graphic Card scale far better with a good cpu than the SLI or CrossFire does. And of course If you mount SLI or Crossfire you're adding more steps to the image process forcing 2 Gpus to Sync the output. You're looking for responsiveness not additional lag.

The main reason to pick 2 Core Processor it's mainly, because how the software it's developed nowadays. We are still starting to make programs based on parallel computing. Yep! true you can have 12 Cores, but you're not gonna use all of them and you're not gonna get all the power that you should have for that amount of cores. And Windows by default it's using something called Core-Park that disable and force the jump of the instructions between pair's of cores, instead of balance the load. Other problems that you may have are the many-core L3 Shared Cache collisions for example. So my conclusion for you will be less amount of cores, high amount of Shared Cache -> Profit.

About what kind of psu you should buy, on overclock.net there is a program created by OCN that recommend you which kind of psu you should choose. It's pretty impressive the gap between calculations that you are gonna find using that program instead of Asus Watios Calculator etc.

Finally for Storage just buy if you need more space another Hdd, but you should look for high density platters, 64mb buffer cache size instead just high rated rpm disk. Then use something like DataPlex, FancyCache, Intel RST etc to create a cache on 1 partition of the ssd and boost the time access of your hdd. If you didnt decide which ssd you should choose i would recomend you something from Intel, Crucial, Plextor, Corsair. With Corsair Forte series you have a high speed ssd about 500Mb/s Read 500Mb/s Write but with no buffer cache size. This kind of ssd it will suffer i guess a bit more on high workload times, cause they are gonna use, i assume a part of the ram as buffer. But nothing you're gonna notice.

Don't know if my wall of text are going to help you in your decision but... ask if you don't understand something.

Hidde
2012-01-12, 18:19
With a €450 budget, why do you want a 7970 with an SSD? You can't even afford that!
Anyway, assuming the €450,- budget does not include the money for the graphics card and SSD, you could take this http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/bestelkosten/238463 . Not really sure about the CPU, but you want PCIe 3.0 and there aren't AMD boards supporting that currently. Also didn't include the HDD because those things cost a fortune these days with all the water over in Thailand.

En zou je vanaf nu in het Nederlands verder kunnen gaan? Je Engelse posts zijn niet bijster duidelijk.
TS = topicstart, eerste post van dit topic, ik bedoelde het systeem uit die openingspost dus

janbo872
2012-01-13, 07:41
i have a AMD Phenom II X4 965 for sale

0daro0
2012-01-13, 12:33
ok, but is it quick and what price?.