PDA

View Full Version : BFP4F stopped working with Corrupted file message 80596?

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 12:58
Hi got a big or small problem, whichever way you look at it. :(

Since this morning, 11th Jan, I can't テつ*Play BFP4F for more than a few seconds.

My weapon dont show, and テつ* テつ* I テつ*get flickering and part rezzed parts of the battlefield. テつ* Im getting disconnected 15 times in 20 mins, テつ*along with the normal text, a message keeps appearing which says:

"PB IMPORTANT RESTRICTION テつ*CORRUPTED FILE MEMMORY 80596"

I'm at a loss to how to fix it, as its not an EXE program that can be reinstalled. :?:

help please :o

RPGforYOU
2012-01-11, 13:18
Uhm check if you got the latest punkbuster version.
If not download and install the latest version! ;)

I hear back from you! ;P

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 13:21
I notice it says "BF exe has stopped working" each time I get the above message, but this is a browser game, surely there is no EXE program installed??

If there is, and I have to reinstall it, will I lose all my levels and weapons bought, or is that held on the client server side??

Thanks for speedy reply, as im losing all my boost テつ*and SMG Attachments time, while im unable to connect. :(

Thank you

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 13:22
Hi RPG, Whats a "Punkbuster" is that a moderator? sounds like something else, never heard of it??

RPGforYOU
2012-01-11, 14:30
Punkbuster is the cheat engine, the one that seems to get you the issue! ;)

google punkbuster check if you have the latest version.
Do computer restart and then should be alright! ;)

,RPG

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 14:43
Sorry RPG im not with you?

How can a cheat engine be installed without you knowing, I DONT want it, period as Americans say, how do I reinstall this without this punkbuster, cos I will delete the file of it, if I can find it in the exe program, im not prepared to play a game which has a built in cheat system. so my days may be numbered here, If its not deletable.

I won't download any cheat system whatsover, テつ*I never have, & テつ*will never do.

Anyway, one poster in official BFP4F replied that reinstalling the program won't fix it.

Looks like its back to World of warcraft again.:(

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 15:23
The official BFP4F forums has almost hundreds of threads and annoyed people テつ*getting exact same message, this morning, like me many of them cant get themselves logged in to many of the severs at all

One person says, its on server side, nothing You or the posters can do about it, its EAs problem, not on our program side, thats what they saying anyway, but still dont want this Punkbuster.

All my attachements have by now expired, for my SMG, no wonder theres so many people Annoyed about EA. I doubt テつ*I will get any credits back for the 6 hours lost attachments I had still enabled.

Now I can see why so many guys are at war with EA most of the time.

RPGforYOU
2012-01-11, 15:41
Can you join our servers or you have problems with those servers?
You checked for updates on pb? -> http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 16:12
No RPG, I can't log in to any OG servers without my gun missing the screen with white holes in it. テつ*The message appears 15 seconds later and BF テつ*shuts down.

Homesen mod says I cant remove the cheat system Punkbuster program, Im really dissapointed that this has to have a cheat program in it. テつ*Thats not fair to players who dont want to cheat or hack there levels ...

If I remove punkbuster, then im told game wont work, well, with regret, Thats really my end of BFP4F, if I havent the right to remove something I find offensive thats giving other players the right to use punkbuster to cheat or hack the game.

So I wish you all well, but its not for me. テつ*exit right....... :arrow:

RPGforYOU
2012-01-11, 16:19
Nono you got it wrong Taylor! ;)

Punkbuster is an ANTI cheat engine! ;)

It tracks down cheaters/hackers and bans them from all servers streaming Punkbuster!
It does NOT provide cheats or let players cheat!

It tries to find the one's that are cheating and then bans them, its like GGC stream another ANTI cheat program!

I see in the forums indeed that there are a couple players also havint that issue maybe post to them if they already solve it.
Certainly keep an eye on the thread.

And yes they don't allow you do un install the ANTI cheat program. Otherwise cheaters can't be controlled!

Hope I cleared some things up? :)

RPGforYOU
2012-01-11, 18:03
Update: WE temp fixed our servers, so please join them! You shouldn't be kicked! :)

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 21:27
Ok RPG, Ihad a message from Homesen explaining what Punkbuster was.

It really annoys an old OG like me, テつ*when a Big company like EA can't be bothered to issue a sheet or two of how the infrastructure of BF works, and what Punkbuster is, as newbies, we are not mind readers, this has the poorest Intro /lack of information at the start of installing the game I ever seen in 10 years of gaming!

Even the "company of heros" Demo, テつ*has a basic boot camp, before u go into the game, here, theres no proper insructions or a demo land to learn how to fly helis or those fast jets, let alone all the other things. テつ* The empty Servers, Kick you off after a few minutes, if your trying to learn to fly, they wont allow you to stay on it without someone else on other side, and of course, as soon as someone does, I lose my peace for practising, cos the other wants to be a pain, and not let me get on with training.

But I will try and reinstall it and see if I can log in. テつ*I get so may people in chat in game calling people hackers that, I was really confused about Punkbuster, and its purpose.

Cheers for your patience, and Just hope It goes back to normal soon.

mike

Omulet
2012-01-11, 21:30
this issue is happening to almost all players
EA is taking notice and is trying to get a fix for this

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-11, 23:35
Hey, Im back ok!! テつ* テつ* kicking ass in Dalian, to celebrate came first two times in a row tonight hahaahah OMG!! :)

I think we all get ***** off when software / hardware goes wrong, we expect perfect days of never ever breakdowns, and thats the problem in the 2000s, we all too reliant on all this techno stuff, and when it goes wrong we go ape **** :P

Had a great time tonight, after no play today, maybe the break did me good テつ*:D

Thanks for the replys, can go to bed in peace now! 8)

RPGforYOU
2012-01-12, 00:03
Haha, I'm happy for you that you solved it out mike! :)

Taylor-Nova
2012-01-12, 09:48
Yeah RPG, take no notice of me, when im on my soap Box, just Toss a grenade at me, to shut me up テつ*:wink: