PDA

View Full Version : What soldier are you?

DragonBoon
2012-01-06, 14:47
Yeah, pretty standard. I didn't found a thread like this one, so, when entering a new clan this is the most important question for me. Let's share our tactics and thoughts about how to improve teamplay and consolidate certain game/class styles, so we have a better understanding on which platoons should stick together, so the whole group benefits of it.

Prefered Weapon Class: Rifle Single Fire
Prefered Specific Weapon: G36
Prefered Soldier Class: Medic, Engineer sometimes because of the hard weapons
Prefered Gaming Style: Predator, Hunter, Rifleman

In Detail Description: I'm used to sprint and cover tactics. Move fast and try to hit them hard then leave. Advance in general only together with the team, but sometimes I'm deriving and take a solo route primarly to flank singled out enemys. I usually observe my "victim" for some seconds and then flank and kill him from side or behind. If the situation looks secure enough, I'm always trying to knife kill someone and get their tags.

If the odds don't look good, or the scene is to chaotic to advance, I'm usually camping my butt off and implie surpression fire on enemy lines, rather then moving forward blindly. This seems to be my Achilles Heel, as 40% of all my death I take while camping, the other 40% I get when moving forward blindly and act to hectic. I relate this to the fact I'm still a newbie in BF3 and don't know the maps. It's gotten better the last two days as I improved my K/D ratio from 0.689 to 0.897.

I often make myself victim for the team and try to cap flags so others benefit from it, hence this is probably also a reason for my negative K/D ratio. If I play as medic, I often risk everything to bring teammates back to life. My biggest advantage is good aiming with rifles, driving skills and Blitz tactics. My greatest disadvantage is my temper, often dying in a row, sniper skills and flying. My greatest Nemesisess seem to be Snipers that I duell with and close combat bunny hoppers.

Wanna share? Let me know your type of gaming, so it's easier for me to kill you...:D

ExLee
2012-01-06, 18:34
I believe WhiteMoose made a similar thread like this before but it was lost after the website crashed... Oh well...

Unlike you I don't have preferred weapons, class or tactics because I like doing everything :D Healing teammates and running around like a madman, shooting tanks in the ass or driving one myself, spraying my LMG and blowing people with C4, camping テつ*on a roof with a bolt-action sniper or taking a semi-automatic to close quarters...
But especially I like flying jets テつ*:wink: テつ*Well sometimes helicopters too although I have to learn how to properly control those damn things...

I would say I'm a good allrounder and that's why I often get my ass kicked by better medics, tank drivers, pilots etc. but I think it is still better than doing the same thing all the time and never changing my playstyle like using the same weapon for 5000+ kills :D Well I try to get at least 100 kills with every primary weapon and I have only 6 wepons left テつ*8)

So killing me shouldn't be that hard for you テつ*:lol:

Sharp21
2012-01-06, 20:10
I never knew you liked jets Exlee.

ExLee
2012-01-06, 21:28
I never knew you liked jets Exlee.

I knew you would say that テつ*:lol:

Gisse
2012-01-07, 06:11
Equally bad in any class :) and any weapon.

unst0pble
2012-01-07, 16:32
Prefered Weapon Class: Assault
Prefered Specific Weapon: Kh2002
Prefered Soldier Class: Medic
Prefered Gaming Style: Predator+Hunter

Other Details: The best way to play with kh2002 is not to rush with it because it's very bad for the close range combat. Never try to use kh2002 to fight someone in gun battle at close range because their weapon can shoot faster than u can tap. Always try to play little carefully, means if you know that there are 10 men behind that corner or so dont push like Chuck Norris but wait and take a picks like Russian Spetnaz and that way u can get your kills more than ur deaths. Other good way to play is play behind your team which i call that team bait, u stay behind your team mates and let them do the job at that time they might die but you can finish off the enemy they were fighting that's will give them kill assists and gives you 100 points for killing and u can also back off and revive him for points and saving his death.

WhiteMoose
2012-01-07, 17:07
Other good way to play is play behind your team which i call that team bait, u stay behind your team mates and let them do the job at that time they might die but you can finish off the enemy they were fighting that's will give them kill assists and gives you 100 points for killing and u can also back off and revive him for points and saving his death.

I just would like to point out that what you said there is only good if you're defending mcoms or flags.
When attacking, you shouldn't wait for your team to move forward (they usually don't).

Sharp21
2012-01-07, 18:00
Not only what WhiteMoose said, but it's also cheap to let your teammates, regardless of skill, do the grunt of the work and then take the kills for yourself.

DragonBoon
2012-01-08, 10:18
Not only what WhiteMoose said, but it's also cheap to let your teammates, regardless of skill, do the grunt of the work and then take the kills for yourself.

Well, I don't know, it may sound bad like he put it, but actually I'm quite happy if a doctor is behind me and wakes me up again when I was supposed to die. In fact I'm swearing a lot because there is no doctor behind me or there is a doctor who doesn't do his job. And if he likes cadger jobs why not? Every good squad should have a doctor reviving the others, this way the chance of winning the game is higher.

Sharp21
2012-01-08, 11:21
Yeah reviving is important, but taking cheeky kills is not, but maybe I misinterpreted the story.