PDA

View Full Version : Shameless self promotion

DragonBoon
2012-01-06, 15:04
Hi Folks,

besides PC Gaming and my Bike, my third hobby is making music. Does anyone of you is also a musician? And if so, which intruments do you play? I'm playing guitar since I'm 11 (bass playing naturally follows) and I'm able to beat some basic drumms and handle a keyboard. I also accompany my music with hand written lyrics.

My main inspiration in music is Faith No More, Nirvana, Rammstein, Black Sabbath (until Ozzy left), Rolling Stones (until Brian died), Jimi Hendrix, System of a Down and lots of others. I pretty much like every music, but I'm biased towards Rap, Pop and HipHop...there are some good HipHop acts like Snoopy Doggy, Ludacris, Public Enemy or Sido, but I never got comfortable with that kind of music.

I'm using FL-Studio (mixing and drums) and Riffworks (recording) to build my own music. Are there any tools you could provide. Maybe there's something better then FL-Studio that I missed. The reason why I use FL-Studio is because of the good and "live" sound the drums give. They sound very natural and much less mechanical then in any other programm I've tried.

If you like an impression of my music, go find it here (http://www.reverbnation.com/phonican). And yeah, I'm shamelessily self promoting because I want to get some feedback on my music...:D

Vercetti
2012-01-13, 22:07
I'm mentally slower than average :)

Gonna check out your music now!

st0mpy
2012-01-24, 07:45
how do you play live? :lol:

not too bad with the music, some rough spots with too much in one part of the spectrum, drums cutting over rather than backbeating, vocals could do with more improving, theyre up and down all over the place, try less stereo splitting (keep that for special/wow moments), and lift them above the guitars/drums in a consistent manner

but is just my opinion (you wanted that right?) from someone who has listened to rock (amongst other genres) since he was a boy, and was at knebworth to see Led Zepplin (ok im not that old to buy my own ticket, my mum was working there and i was stoked to go with her for the second one, and remember the performance)

keep it up tho, practice is a bitch, but if you are prepared to refine your sound, youll make it

the most whole and balanced track you have there? probably Blindfold

good luck

st0mpy
2012-01-24, 07:49
Whaaaa? Did i lose 2 days? >>> Re: Shameless self promotion Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:22 am

its tuesday 06:48 lool *digs frank in the ribs*