PDA

View Full Version : Headsets

Hidde
2011-11-30, 16:16
OGs!

I'm looking for a new headset because my Steelseries 4H has "kuren". The left ear cup turns on and off which is pissing me off, hence I'm looking for a new one, but I have no idea which to choose. Considering lots of you have "decent" systems running for the 1337 BF3 ultra graphics, I suppose you might also have some proper headsets and I thought I'd open a thread here.

I'm looking for a good, long-lasting headset that has good sound- and build-quality. Maximum price is approx. €100, lower is preferred. Wireless or wired doesn't really matter, but most <100 euros headsets are wired. Mic or no mic doesn't matter either, [s:28514ab45c]I don't talk anyway[/s:28514ab45c] I could just get one of these http://bit.ly/temhnB.

Please post your experiences with your current headphones here, and give me some advice :)

Thanks a lot!

Neera
2011-11-30, 22:03
I would go for the microfone you linked and buy a decent Headphone. Like Superlux HD 681 from http://www.thomann.de/de/superlux_hd681_b.htm. (linking the headphone doesnt work somehow)
If you do so you will a good sound like PC360 from Sennheiser. Headsets are overpriced like everything for "gaming".
Maybe you have 20€ left for a ASUS XONAR DG soundcard. It has a Headphone Amplifier build in and has the best drivers on the market.
more pictures: http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/sound-hifi/165567-review-superlux-hd-681-20-klangwunder.html

If you want to spend all the 100€ for a good Headphone, go for Beyerdynamic if possible. Maybe I get the DT770 for Christmas.

Here are some phones sorted by price:
http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f267/empfehlenswerte-hifi-kopfhoerer-6-preisklassen-unterteilt-grobe-kaufempfehlung-814833.html

The AKG K Â*530 is my daily headphone and use the Mic from my Sennheiser PC150. The K530 is not available anymore. At least I cant find it. Awesome sound! Good build quality.

Be shure to buy a big one which goes over your ears and does not sit on your ears. Much more comfortable.

Vercetti
2011-12-01, 00:00
G930, nuff said!

Asigan
2011-12-01, 09:51
i would buy a mic and headphone separately. Something from AKG or JVC for the headphones.

Hidde
2011-12-01, 17:16
But are these good gaming headphones? They look more like music headphones to me.

Neera
2011-12-01, 18:53
What do you mean is the difference? In my opinion "gaming" is overpriced.

With the ASUS card, the inbuild Headphone amplifier, the Dolby Headphone setting in the driver, and a good stereophil headphone like on the list, you will have a superior enemy detection than with all the "gaming" headphones for the same price.

There are nice gaming headsets like the Sennheiser PC360, but it is just more affordable to buy a headphone and an extra mic by yourself.

Headphones with more than two drivers like the Logitech ones are overkill. You only have two ears right? No need for more than 2 speakers. The software will do the 3D effect.

Be smart and buy a good audiophil headphone and add a microphone to it yourself for half the price of a "gaming" headset. I also recommend the soundcard. I think its 30€. So even with a headphone of 60€ you are under the price of the Senni 360.

Asigan
2011-12-02, 16:44
I had AKG-K 242 HD model it's awesome ^^

FluggerNO
2011-12-02, 17:52
G35 ÂÂ*:wink:

HardestNoob
2011-12-02, 21:43
i had these ones http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/tactic3d/alpha/
they are insane and worth the prize, super comfortable and you can plug in the microphone

Stanleh
2011-12-15, 19:56
I agree with neera.

I am currently using a pair of Grado rs225i with a steel series microphone attached.

I have used many gaming headphones and not one has come close to this sound quality for the price.

I also use a headphone amp and a audiophille grade xfi [not needed, just dont use onboard].

Mathes
2011-12-16, 18:49
steelseries siberia v2

badger906
2011-12-22, 01:09
i have a set of Trust GX25's 5.1 phones.

I was reluctant to spend a lot on headphones, as i normally run my system through my 7.2 AV receiver, but seating position made my speaker setup wrong.

The trust headphones were £40! i didnt hold much towards their quality and performance.. but i was blown away!! built quality is solid, and sound is amazing! if anything its to bassy so had to lower it ÂÂ*8O ÂÂ*id buy another pair without a doubt if mine broke

SgtAEQUITAS
2012-01-12, 12:23
You need the Logitech G35, the sound is awesome and it fits perfect .

0daro0
2012-01-12, 12:40
roccat kave 5.1 under 100 of Iam right

Neera
2012-01-25, 15:01
just bought the superlux headphones for 20 bucks as a gift for family. its awesome. pick a mic to it (10€) and you have the best sound for under 100 bucks you can get. only gets better with soundcard (30€) or headphones >100€ of sennheiser/akg/beyerdynamic.

Burning
2012-01-25, 16:31
Corsair Vengeance 1300's or Corsairs HS1-A's

Corsairs always make good quality ÂÂ*product.

Also Razer Charcharias and Logitech G35's are good.
If you go for pure sound quality and no mic (you will feel sorry for not getting a mic later,i'm just saying) Sennheiser might be a good option.

Hidde
2012-01-25, 17:00
and no mic (you will feel sorry for not getting a mic later,i'm just saying)

oh definitely

Burning
2012-01-25, 17:35
and no mic (you will feel sorry for not getting a mic later,i'm just saying)

oh definitely

yup, good headsets lasts you years, if you decide you want to talk or record something and such , skype with your girlfriend, you have to get a new headset. seperate ones usually suck more, unless you spend 50 bucks on a seperate mic. Than its alot more profitable to get one straight away.
So mic is , in my opinion , just a must :)

All headsets come with one anyway, otherwise it are headphones. But gaming oriented gear is always a headset

Hidde
2012-01-25, 18:47
you didn't get it, doesn't matter :) The zalman clip-on mics are fine too, but it's probably gonna be a headset anyway

st0mpy
2012-01-28, 03:37
zalman clip-on mics are fine too, but it's probably gonna be a headset anyway

Awesome, i needed one of these last month, i had to disassemble and resolder my old wired mic I have on the side of my wireless headphones.

Just before i joined OG i bought some Sennheiser wireless headphones for ~€150, which were expensive enough, then you all wanted me to use a mic to speak in TS so rather than spend another 100+ € on ones with a mic i dusted off my trusty noise cancelling IBM mic and clamped it to the sennheisers with breadbag ties :D but the cables wore and i had to fix it.

If only i knew about that zalman then, woulda saved me a job...the only drawback i see is there is no boom for angling, but im sure that could be fixed :)