PDA

View Full Version : Recon Training

WhiteMoose
2011-11-09, 11:37
I want to become a better recon.

I think it was two days ago that I played Recon and tried to snipe down there. I don't know, I just couldn't hit anything. Together with the excessive explosive spam it was very hard to try and make it work.

I want to train recon with some of you, on the training server. Where we play Grand Bazaar and snipe down the main corridor. Something like 2v2 would be great I think. We'll learn good spots to snipe from and what positions are vulnerable. More importantly, we learn to hit players across the main corridor.

I'm looking for at least one other to practice with. The most optimal would probably be 3 or 5. Making it 2v2 or 3v3.

Thanks <3

iNco782
2011-11-09, 12:46
I'd be interested in practicing recon

ExLee
2011-11-09, 13:08
Haven't touched the snipers yet... I don't think I will but it's definitely a good idea to train individual weapons or tactics all the time and not just during the official training sessions :)

Saitoshi
2011-11-09, 15:34
I would like to .. but I'd prefer to in a ranked server so we actually get something out of it on that end as well.

SnakeXT
2011-11-09, 15:48
I haven't played recon at all, its practically a noob class compared to the rest. Unlocking a few things whilst some training would do this class some good. Im in. ÂÂ*:)

WhiteMoose
2011-11-09, 16:48
Sweet! Several interested!

I would like to .. but I'd prefer to in a ranked server so we actually get something out of it on that end as well.

If we ask kind enough, maybe one of the admins will make it ranked for us :D

Snocipo
2011-11-09, 18:59
Awesome idea!

N00ter
2011-11-09, 19:28
Tried to snipe like in bfbc2, too bad it doesnt work at all.
Its poopie in faces that switchin takes waaaay too long! This takes al close combat sniping down.
Also, it seems it is not possible to actually hit someone closeby and kill him with one shot. Am i right or am i using the wrong weapon?! o.o

jak3z
2011-11-10, 00:12
Body shot of a M98B at 1m is 95 damage.
SV98 and M40A5 is 75 damage.
At 25 meters the damage starts to drop.

C4b4nossi
2011-11-11, 08:09
I like the Recon kit more than in BC2. For me it seems not overpowered like in BC2. But I haven't used any of the bolt action rifles yet. so far I only went with the MK11 ,SVD and the Coop-unlocked M39 EMR. The bulletspeed in BF3 is pretty slow and needs a lot of ballistic aiming to hit moving targets. Mostly I go equipped with a 4x ACOG or just a holosight. Longrange sniping is pretty uneffective except a few spots on few maps - I think.

And to all longrange snipers: DO NOT use flashlights or laser attachment!!! It gives away your position and has NO advantage for you!

If you can rely on your team, the SOFLAM is high-power equippment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NplIcbvNgpk