PDA

View Full Version : Enabling use of two monitors

Gisse
2011-10-24, 20:08
Rely stupid situation.

I have 2 monitors, old 19' Samsungs. One is 721s and another one is 770. I have ATI 6850. I have noticed that there is Extended desktop option in Ati control center but that option don't do anything, at least in my case. With old 4850 everything was working fine.

So at moment only one monitor works.

Any one had such problem?

Sphere
2011-10-24, 20:39
I'm guessing, you're using Windows?

With a new card, re-enable your secondary monitor as "extended" or whatever you like IN WINDOWS. That should do the trick.

Gisse
2011-10-24, 20:44

With a new card, re-enable your secondary monitor as "extended" or whatever you like IN WINDOWS. That should do the trick.

I have tried that. Was working with them with old card but now ..... don't have idea what could be wrong. ÂÂ*In windows my monitor which is visible is marked as CRT instead of TFT. I couldn't find any drivers for that model as it is old one.

Sphere
2011-10-24, 20:54

I have tried that. Was working with them with old card but now ..... don't have idea what could be wrong. Â*In windows my monitor which is visible is marked as CRT instead of TFT. I couldn't find any drivers for that model as it is old one.

Could you give more details?
DirectX report, A screenshot of your "monitor manager" in Windows, your exact OS, your connection methods (e.g. DVI->converter->screen even matters!)

I can't make much of it, but as it seems, your second monitor gets a reset somehow, that's the roughest guess I can make.

Gisse
2011-10-25, 07:19
Ok.

Win7 64 bit
monitors are connected with dvi->vga connectors (they are old)

Rest will see to get you when i get home ;)

Asigan
2011-10-25, 11:18
Just for the record, not saying anything interesting, ATI Drivers Sucks.

Sphere
2011-10-25, 19:59
Ok.

Win7 64 bit
monitors are connected with dvi->vga connectors (they are old)

Rest will see to get you when i get home ;)

Ah, converters... yeah...

Win64 is ok, it's good. But get better monitors. Most recent drivers even dropped the "real support" of VGA display method. Best is to set everything in the windows system (right clicky on desktop -> Screen resolution -> set it)
But it's not a promise it'll really, really help. Problem is, the monitor is not reporting back correctly. That's giving issues for the system to remind the settings correctly, because they can't be verified.

Gisse
2011-10-26, 07:22
Was thinking about that also because when i connect it to card it say that i have CRT monitor.

Check monitors separately they work, so they didn't "die" or broke.

It will probably be two new monitors. To bad, those two was working flawlessly for almost 7 years (or more????).

st0mpy
2011-10-27, 14:16
you sure you cant get drivers? my ancient iiyama still works in a 3 screen extended desktop..otherwise try some of the generic tft drivers in windows perhaps? will be something like 1024x768 60hz or whatever ur resolution is

Gisse
2011-10-27, 14:32
resolution is 1200(something)x1024 60Hz.

Didn't try that, will need to try ;)

Thanks for advice