PDA

View Full Version : What happens to campers, check this music video :)

jaskaman
2011-10-22, 23:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmuZ9N0pg_o&feature=player_embedded

ExLee
2011-10-23, 01:39
Camping again ? Sick of all this talk about camping all the time... Please give me a definition of what camping actually is because it seems I can't stay in one spot for 5 seconds without being called a camper....

Ossa
2011-10-23, 01:44
Definition:

Camping is gay.

Sharp21
2011-10-23, 02:40
Why Exlee, you should have asked me this question! I am the local expert on this subject.

The definition of camping is:

To strategicly defend the location.

This type of gameplay as in agressive/defensive etc is related to:

Conservative gamestyle.

iNco782
2011-10-23, 06:43
Damn....if only you could climb trees in BF3, i'd change my name to 'Tree Hugger' ÂÂ*:P

Rustynail
2011-10-23, 09:00
lol, good Video, =D I think rhe idea with that Tank was great, so i will try it out ingame to run over a Camper in a tree =D

Ainar84
2011-10-23, 22:00
nice video ÂÂ*:D

2St0n3d
2011-10-31, 19:51
nice vid, and I don't mind campers at all.. gives me a target for my RPG ^^

WhiteMoose
2011-10-31, 23:06
Why Exlee, you should have asked me this question! I am the local expert on this subject.

Conservative gamestyle.

You almost couldn't be more wrong.
According to your definition, EVERYONE who plays BF camps. I really do mean everyone.

Strategicly defending is NOT the same thing as camping.

To me, camping is when someone stands still in a position that holds no value for a extensive amount of time.
If you see someone do this, just go kill him! It's so easy. Campers are the easiest targets.

Don't complain about campers. They are bad players who don't know what they are doing, just kill them. If you die repeatedly by a camper. Then you suck.

Sharp21
2011-11-01, 21:51
Edit: Post was made by me when I was feeling really bad. I apologize for that.

WhiteMoose
2011-11-02, 01:00
And I also find the bit about sucking when being killed by a camper arrogant, insulting and disrespectfull just by the tone of it.

As per my definition, if you get killed by somone standing in a corner repeatedly. The same corner all the time, the guy doesn't move and you're accually trying to kill him. Yes, then you suck.

FluggerNO
2011-11-02, 06:17
Don't complain about campers. They are bad players who don't know what they are doing, just kill them. If you die repeatedly by a camper. Then you suck.

WRONG!!!!
In a point the dude that are camping is holding a point in the map for HE`S TEAM/SQUAD.
HE HOLDS THIS POINT SO THAT U CANT ADVANCE!!
I camp in some maps when I have the rigth players in the TEAM/SQUAD with me.
I hear on TS that players complain about campers,DEAL WITH IT ITS A PART OF THE GAMEPLAY FFS!!!!

jaskaman
2011-11-02, 09:09
Nice conversation here. There are anyway different style of campers, some people do it as defence (mcoms) or holding the flag, then it's defending and teamplaying, and I think that is what you mean, Flugger. But many just do it because they can't do anything else (lack of skills, also seen on this music video). Those persons are not attacking either or they don't care about objective, just about easy kills. But it also make them easy targets if you can get past them.

Mothug
2011-11-02, 12:53

Conservative gamestyle.

According to your definition, EVERYONE who plays BF camps. I really do mean everyone.

To me, camping is when someone stands still in a position that holds no value for a extensive amount of time.
If you see someone do this, just go kill him! It's so easy. Campers are the easiest targets.

someone couldnt handle a joke

WhiteMoose
2011-11-02, 13:59

Conservative gamestyle.

someone couldnt handle a joke

Someone doesn't understand that sarcasm is very hard to do in typing.

Considering the multiple times where people complain about campers on TS and someone (sometimes me) sais they aren't camping, they quickly say "Strategicly defending the position". As if it's the same thing. The confusion was easy to be had.

[Edit] Made my last paragraf easier to understand.

WhiteMoose
2011-11-02, 14:29

WRONG!!!!
In a point the dude that are camping is holding a point in the map for HE`S TEAM/SQUAD.
HE HOLDS THIS POINT SO THAT U CANT ADVANCE!!
I camp in some maps when I have the rigth players in the TEAM/SQUAD with me.
I hear on TS that players complain about campers,DEAL WITH IT ITS A PART OF THE GAMEPLAY FFS!!!!

You failed to read my definition it seems. If you did, your response is a bit strange.
If someone is holding down a position, of course he's not camping! I never said otherwise.

I never complain about campers. The only complaining I do is to say to myself that I suck to have died from him.
Hypotheticly, I get a 25-10 score. I will probably be upset about at least half my deaths. They should've easily be avoided.

Sharp21
2011-11-02, 19:20
Ok I edited my post earlier. Sorry for going out like that. Yes, I meant it as a joke, that does not justify the post.

PhantomTD
2011-11-03, 13:59
Many people complain about campers too often I think. Yes some are campers with lack of skill, and then I agree.
But, it is a tactical way to play, specially for a recon. While staying at the same hilltop he can spot almost the whole battlefield; tanks, personnel and more. This is not camping, although some people would claim that it is when they get shot by one.