PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 beta final conclusions

Sharp21
2011-10-11, 18:55
Hello everyone,

We have all played the beta for several weeks and I'm sure everyone has changed, in a big or small way, their opinion about the game.

For myself I must say I enjoyed it for the most part. Both maps are nice, Caspain Border the more varied one with cool stuff such as jets. Bad parts are the very slow hit registration, glitching and weapon balance. I must also say I like the proning, revive system and the weapon fire modes.

So post your feedback here!

jaskaman
2011-10-11, 19:07
Well, I have varied opinion. I miss some things from BC 2 but graphics are great in BF 3. Let's say on this way that BF 3 has potential... I don't care so much about jets, I never played with them in BF 2 with my 5 years gaming career with BF 2 game, let's see do I find motivation for jets on coming BF 3... And when the glitching and weapon balance and slow hit registration is fixed, we have the killer game. Anyway I won't go back to BC 2 after BF 3 is out :D

SnakeXT
2011-10-11, 19:27
I like flying but flying in a open sky with no building cover sucks, so for caspian border Im going to give it a miss with helis/jets. I do have a extreme 3d pro joystick but not enough room to use it properly so I haven't dismissed flying jets fully.

They need to fix the inverted look for heli and on foot, if i want to fly properly my soldier looks up when i look down and vise versa. this is annoying when you have to keep switching manually.

maybe in the full release i'd be able to 'hear' the minor details of the game, for example, the humvees windshield hitting the bonnet, in the trailer this was clear, when i played it, i didn't hear it unless its just me and it is there.

i honestly like the revive of BC2. In BF3 Im still unsure how a proper revive is done without getting killed in the process. Seeing the ragdoll face north face up for example, and after a successful revive the face is down and changes south is weird. I hope this is fixed.

I haven't fully utilised all of the unlockables but this is because its going to be reset. Also that i need a major upgrade as well.

ExLee
2011-10-11, 19:43
Jets... nuff said テつ*:lol:

But seriously if they fix all the bugs and issues as well as add features requested by the players we will have a killer game !

WhiteMoose
2011-10-11, 21:20
Well, I think the game works fantastic.

There are of course some issues that needs to be fixed and I think they will (I have faith).

What most people never understood is that this beta was a 1 (!) month old code, which makes it almost the same as the Alpha.

The whole BETA almost only about testing the server side of it.

iNco782
2011-10-12, 09:39
Having played a lot of battlefield games i really like what i have seen from the Beta.

I am going to ignore most of the issues in the Beta as i have faith in DICE if not to sort them by release at least to have a patch in development.

The graphics are awesome and the sounds very immersive.
I have a biased opinion on damage because i normally play hardcore modes and i also can't differentiate between poor bullet damage and my 140ms ping. テつ*For a normal game mode i found the damage good the bullet drop on assault rifles is welcome but took some getting used to.

I think the revive system is glitchy, i had a number of occasions when i went to revive and nothing happened.
I know they have announced squad management will be in retail and thank god for that coz it just wasn't BF without have your friends in the same squad.

I think in game VOIP is a must to enable people joining solo to be able to communicate with squad members.

I'm disappointed they did not have the commander feature, i really enjoyed that in BF2. テつ*I appreciate it had holes for being exploited but it was a good addition.

The metro map was good and it will serve a purpose of bringing in more CQB to the map rotation.

Caspian was awesome and kudos to DICE for opening it up for the last stretch of the beta.

All in all i can't wait for BF3 and i can see myself playing it for a long time.

DrFellatio
2011-10-12, 10:35
I have expected more from the graphics, especially the textures and the outlook of some classes. I hope its getting better in the final version. As far as i have noticed the soldiers of both teams look like the same. Thats a tiny disappointement.
Both maps are nice, nothing else to say, vehicule upgrades are also an awesome innovation! Im excited how the ingame communication will work. In BC2 it was almost not used. In my opinion the chatlog is as bad as in BC2.

Last but not least the beta was a great experience! Looking forward for the final version, especially new maps and other new stuff!

MI-six
2011-10-12, 12:55
I think that DICE has built a master game テつ*:D
When you look at the future in the game like battlelog, gamemode's, single player and co-ops.
And this game is after a long time build for pc テつ*:D

I have played the alfa and beta where i think that i saw not that many bug as in the beta.
so thats for me to think that the beta whas older than the alfa
The most things will be solved in retail.( i hope テつ*:D)
What i see the last years that DICE will give a good support to there game's

Operation Firestorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIwNcAF7s4&feature=player_embedded#!

Grand Bazaar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTOvrUVPTE&feature=player_embedded

So overall this game will be the call of duty killer :D

Sharp21
2011-10-12, 17:00
I don't know MI-Six. There were a lot players using prone to very stragicly defend the location! :D テつ*:D テつ*:D

Caveman
2011-10-12, 17:22
MMM, where have i heard this before 8O テつ*:lol:

Sharp21
2011-10-12, 18:02
I have no clue... :wink:

MI-six
2011-10-13, 03:51
I cancel my preorder テつ*:D

Caveman
2011-10-13, 08:16
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VTTgoIk84vc/TLCqu00DQBI/AAAAAAAABcc/IQdPvfIUdFE/s400/LSAT+Blog+Should+You+Cancel+Your+LSAT+Score.jpg

jaskaman
2011-10-13, 08:31
Yeah the number of those strategically defending the position players will raise in BF 3...

Killbill
2011-10-13, 14:45
Strategy comes first in that game! You can't argue with that. :D Look how important you map awareness have to be to play テつ*strategicaly like this! :D