PDA

View Full Version : Feelings and feedbakcs

Asfodhell
2011-09-27, 20:47
Ok guys, some of you already tried the Battelfield 3 Beta today.
Would you share your though about this beta ?

Here is mine, not really a good one for the few minutes I could play ...

- Fisrt off, what a pain to actually play ! My grafic driver was "too old", 11.6 is from june, I didn'tthough this game could need something that new (11.7 minimum)
- It was such a pain to make the Battlelog to work, as every servers I tried to join were told to be full (even with something like 15/32 ...) along with "error code :1" (game ran fine in Alpha)
- Caaaaaamping game really, but I got to get used to : Â*:roll:
- Zoom system sucks ! Changing so much the sensitivity when aiming ?? stupid
- When looking in game menu and options, if you get killed, it kicks you off the options and have to look at kill cam Â*:evil: Â*
- Killcam is really too close for a front view !!! It's like "Hey guys, did you see how nice are the soldiers we made at Dice ? yeah look a bit closer, closer, see ??" and me : "I don't care I can't see anything else than this soldier on my screen !"
- The mouse is soooo laggy, game runs smooth but the sight feels so heavy ! Its like I have huge input lag on monitor :(
- Sun reflection in sniper scopes is stupidly high ... Â*it's Paris ! Make it at least active only if there is actually sun lights over your sniper scope ... you know ...
- Time between rounds is ridiculously high (Bad Company 2 anyone ? )
- What a joke, my computer runs it on High with some settings on Ultra Â*8O Â*(i7 860 @4GHz, HD4870, Samsung F3 500Go, Asus Maximus III Formula, 2x2G DDR3 OCZ 800MHz, LG 26" IPS W2600HP-BF 1920x1200 ... ) My grafic card is old and it was all about "GTX580 won't be enough to max the game"
- Can't set anything on mouse buttons (like knife under my thumb, ammo/medic over my thumb and such things ...)
- Some few others details

On a final note, I'm quite disapointed, for now !
I'm gonna stick to this game and try to fix some things like mouse huge lag

Edit : tried to join the OG server :
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/382/bugbf301.jpg

Got a better ping from the worst server located in "north america west" on Battlefield Play4Free, I'm in France Â*:x

Gisse
2011-09-28, 08:23
Well, it is Beta.

I was annoyed with invisible enemies.

Also have old graphic card and played on high settings with 4850 :) Do they work together with ATI and NVidia on selling cards :D

jaskaman
2011-09-28, 08:49
My comments:
I like some of the changes which they made from alpha to beta to that map, but still it needs more changes IMO.
Speed is good enough in ATI 6950, even I didn't update newest drivers yet.
Graphics looks good indeed but I still was hoping a bit more (but hey, it's beta).
I do agree that proning makes people to camp more, if you rush like I usually do, you end up dead easy (hey corpses at the floor shoot you).
Because it's beta, many bugs still:
- when you get revived you end up with pistol on your hand
- many glitching places, I was inside of the wall by accident few times and sometimes I got shot by the walls
- invisible walls, you shoot enemy 3 clips and and nothing happens and then he see you and shoot one time, you are dead
- graphical errors (men gliding inside of floor)

Anyway this game has a lot of potential so Im trusting that final product will be great :)

Vercetti
2011-09-28, 09:38
Only thing I don't like (ignoring the bugs): PRONING.

Proning promotes camping. Although this can also easily be confused with defending/ covering fire. So eventhough I dislike the feature, it is not that disturbing.

Forgetting MrWednesday killing me a few times, I did not encounter many snipers.

I like the game, how it feels, the teamplay. I only miss smoke grenades, but due to the lack of it so far, the battles were intense, and you really have to fight to get an objective.

Caveman
2011-09-28, 10:15
Smoke grenades are unlocked when you reach a certain level. P1ngo showed me today!!

MonkeyMafia
2011-09-28, 12:09
assuming the bugs are gone by release i can see it being a v good game. i'm enjoying it so far, even though i ÂÂ*think the map choice was pretty poor with the game supposedly being a true sequel to bf2, i'd have liked to try a map with vehicles, but who knows they may give us caspian, we can but hope.

not sure about balance yet, hard to tell with most people having unlocked very little, my games this morning were different to last night as there were more people with defibs and ammo bags. still yet to unlock many guns to see how they vary, but should get a fair way along the assault class to test them by end of beta.

but so far so good. (ignoring bugs)

solidriver
2011-09-28, 14:14
PRoning makes things more realistic.
I come from a game where people use to prone all the time.
Proning will definetly increase your skill. Even though they are harder to see, one hit is usually a kill because the head will be hit first.

Vercetti
2011-09-28, 14:20
PRoning makes things more realistic.
I come from a game where people use to prone all the time.
Proning will definetly increase your skill. Even though they are harder to see, one hit is usually a kill because the head will be hit first.

It doesn't improve your skill, it improves the accuracy ;)

solidriver
2011-09-28, 14:27
You should read before you speak.
I ment it increases the skill of the person that shoots at you. Not the person that is phroning.

Vercetti
2011-09-28, 15:47
I did read it, but the word-order is kinda confusing ;)
Ah you mean your skills will increase due to the headshots you give those pussies?

DaniDE
2011-09-29, 04:35
Well I was waiting till the end of the closed beta (thx again Frank btw) until I replied something here.

I have several thoughts on the game so far. I think that the game feels alot more like BF2 than BC2. I still try to get used to the aiming, trying to figure out if I hit better with iron sights, just crosshairs or maybe scopes.

-Scope Flare. Since I´ve seen flare from sniper scopes, I immediately switched to holo sight for long range combat. It might be that the enemies forgot to switch off their flashlights though. I am not sure about this flare thing yet.
From playing BC2 all that time I prefer iron sights anyway for the quickness and accuracy of precise aiming while I am used to aim with the center of the screen or crosshairs (if available) in close quarters. So that habit maybe is not really a disadvantage in BF3.

-Proning. Helpful to evade sight or fire for a short time or reaching a spot through covering obstacles unseen. It sucks to get spawnraped by proning bushwankers (thx Jaska for the expression) but proning can actually be countered by simply a grenade or flanking, simply because the one proning cant neither quickly run away nor can he turn around quickly. Careful when knifing a guy proning though, the animation then includes picking him up from the ground and is therefore even longer than the normal knifing. I only knife more than one when they all face the opposite direction and stealth is therefore the best option, but given the risk from the length of the animation a quick execution with the gun might be still the better option. The smoke grenade from the assault class is btw in my opinion an awesome tactical asset against proning campers and snipers alike.

-Laser Sight blinding. I avoid the laser sight because the only real advantage is that you blind the enemy somewhat when you directly hit the eyes with the laser dot. Maybe alright for snipers but not really an advantage for everyone else since you dont have or take the time to aim for the eyes and you usually shoot directly and most of the time also in close quarters. Since every weapon has a crosshair you also dont need the red dot for aiming. The big downside however is that you get easily noticed and spotted by enemies, which usually means quick death and a ticket less for the team. Except for maybe the coolness factor I really dont understand why so many use it.

-Flashlights. Awesome shit. Best turned off in daylight for stealth reasons of course, but at night and in dark areas a real advantage due the strength of the blinding effect also when not directly aimed at a head but in the general direction. As long as they are not being nerfed in effectiveness by future patches I will always carry the tactical flashlight on my weapon on maps with dark areas. I crap on the risk of being spotted more easily due to the greatness of blinding :D Worshipping the flashlight god is scheduled on wednesdays at midnight in TS. Bring your own flashlight and fresh batteries and some lube.

Yeah I guess these are my main thoughts I wanted to share at the moment. Maybe more come up while I unlock more gadgets and weapons. BTW the M416 sucks. Hairy balls. Gonna stick to my pee-pee-2000 or UMP.

Looking forward to kill you soon in BF3 Beta,
Dani

MightyDWC
2011-09-29, 05:57
FYI the "light" you see from snipers is NOT a flashi light. It's meant to be a glare off their scope so they can't sit and camp all day in one spot. Only flaw with this is you see it when they are in the dark. I mean, in a dark cave (Metro Second stage)? How is light glinting off it LOL?

For me there have been:
Ivisible holes ( compared to invisible objects in alpha)
Dumping full clips into someone and they don't die, yet you get one shoted
I think they should give the flashlight a "battery life" effect, so you can't run around with it on all the time.
The squad system needs work, unless they left our some of the coding for it just because it's the beta.
Helo flight on Caspian is ...........................
Other minor glitches.
No graphics lag on my GTX470 with all settings on Ultra.

People on the forums are shouting "This is the final product, I'm cancelling my pre-order". LOL I don't think Dice would throw out the final product like this. Any who thinks this ISN"T the beta is mistaken LOL.

jaskaman
2011-09-30, 00:48
More comments: Caspian Borders is a very interesting map and I really can tell I start to like BF 3 more and more :)
UMP45 is a good weapon (accurate) and you can use laser on that. Using that with zoom is not the best option IMO.

janbo872
2011-09-30, 14:06
GREAT GAME !!

Feck_U
2011-09-30, 16:11
my one big one battlelog sucks what was wrong with bc2 server browser after bugs were fixed

i think hackers will have a go ddos it bring game down for every one

macgyver1969
2011-09-30, 16:51
It would be nice if the squads where for 6 players, like in BF2. You'll have more power with a bigger squad.

Czar
2011-09-30, 23:11
Played it for several hours today. Awful experience, I am generally bad at FPS, but I somehow manage to not totally suck at BF P4F, but with BF3 - I'm like a spoiled fat child of some billionair thrown into some war with a real AKM (in reality I did learn to shoot from AKM in childhood, though :D). I can't understand how to play this game. I mean - at all! I did get some frags, but they were accidental, for example I managed to prone into the center of enemy base and headshot 3 people from my pistol, they haven't even noticed me. Also got some frags from shotgun and grenade launcher in the metro, but they also were shot just for luck. And the last place - shooting idiot proners, which only look forward and not checking their surroundings.
I do like the graphics though, it's almost like a movie, but you can't play movie right? :(
So I'm going to stick with P4F despite all the awesomeness of BF3. I'll try to play BF3 several times more, though, just to make sure, I really can't play it :D Or maybe quite the opposite - can play it and will have to buy it :)
_
PS: My profile in BF3 is http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/LinuxCzar/
I haven't figured out how to add you, guys, so if someone wants to - add me.

_____

Asfodhell
2011-10-01, 00:10
Played it for several hours today. Awful experience, I am generally bad at FPS, but I somehow manage to not totally suck at BF P4F, but with BF3 - I'm like a spoiled fat child of some billionair thrown into some war with a real AKM (in reality I did learn to shoot from AKM in childhood, though :D). I can't understand how to play this game. I mean - at all! I did get some frags, but they were accidental, for example I managed to prone into the center of enemy base and headshot 3 people from my pistol, they haven't even noticed me. Also got some frags from shotgun and grenade launcher in the metro, but they also were shot just for luck. And the last place - shooting idiot proners, which only look forward and not checking their surroundings.
I do like the graphics though, it's almost like a movie, but you can't play movie right? :(
So I'm going to stick with P4F despite all the awesomeness of BF3. I'll try to play BF3 several times more, though, just to make sure, I really can't play it :D Or maybe quite the opposite - can play it and will have to buy it :)
_
PS: My profile in BF3 is http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/LinuxCzar/
I haven't figured out how to add you, guys, so if someone wants to - add me.

_____

More or less how I feel now ...
Was so much pissed off by BF3 yesterday that I ran BFp4f and did a nice 65/12 on Basra with my VSS ÂÂ*:lol:

Madman81
2011-10-01, 01:32
There's only 1 thing whats annoying me.
That is the glitching, i hate those guys who use that and even more when they are denying that they dont use it.

Grtz Madman

zeppis
2011-10-03, 19:13
I like the game (but bugs annoy me big time)
Dont i mean REALLY dont like people who plays ONLY Engineer class. That is so tacky :(
You look hes stats after match and FFS 5k score every other class but on engineer 200k´s. Get a friking skill.
But yeah game is really nice and really waiting for final release so we get some new maps and most of bugs fixed :)
It is normal that it need 2 or more patches after final release that the game is working 99%.

AceMarksman
2011-10-03, 20:53
I find it absolute piss poor and i have cancelled my pre-order. I cant see me buying at this point unless im so far mistaken about it. Yes its supposed to be Beta but christ it just dont feel like a BF game.

MI-six
2011-10-04, 01:13
I like the game (but bugs annoy me big time)
Dont i mean REALLY dont like people who plays ONLY Engineer class. That is so tacky :(
You look hes stats after match and FFS 5k score every other class but on engineer 200k´s. Get a friking skill.
But yeah game is really nice and really waiting for final release so we get some new maps and most of bugs fixed :)
It is normal that it need 2 or more patches after final release that the game is working 99%.

+1 :D

DrFellatio
2011-10-04, 01:38
Battlelog is a great idea. Facebook-style...But i like steam even more! The graphics ingame are really nice but i've expected more from the soldier textures, i.e. the snipers look like aliens somehow... Kind of strange. In BC they look much better!

The movement is quite better than in BFBC 2 but leveling is too easy at the moment, no challenge! You get 50 in 48 hours, that is to short in my opinion. The rank should be something special...Hope they make it harder in the final version.

Finally its an awesome game! Looking forward to 64 servers! ;)

ExLee
2011-10-04, 17:02
I'm with Fellatio; Ranking up is WAY to fast pretty much like it was in Bad Company 1, took me 10 days for Rank 50.... And in BF3 a good player will be 45 within a week and unlock everything else within the next 2 weeks. You can go beyond that to level 100 or something but seriously who will have the motivation to go that far without getting anything ?....

They should make the gap between the ranks a bit like in BF2 because back then the ranks actually meant something. If you see a 5 star General coming your way you run exactly in the opposite direction because otherwise he will ruin your day ÂÂ*:lol:

DirtyPig
2011-10-04, 17:55
Looks great ÂÂ*:D
Hope they will fix most of the bugs when game is released.
But everybody knows that in the beginning there still be some bugs in the game.
So hope they will fix that then also very fast.

MightyDWC
2011-10-04, 18:29
There are glitches yes, but they are not game killers for me. My macine runs the game very nicely with everything on high, but I turn down AA , Bloom and HBOA.
The following are the things I feel need ALOT of work.

1) Cover system. I love getting killed after diving behing cover 5 seconds after I did so. They need to take every element of the game, put it in a virtual shooting range, and tweak rocks, walls, structures.
2) I'm not going to keep my fingers crossed about the squad system, only way I will approve of doing through Battlelog is if you can alt-tab out of game, change your squad in Battlelog, and then back in with correct squad WITHOUT leaving the server.
3)Spawn system. Maybe they left it out because of Beta, but it gets only spawning on someone only to be killed less than 3 miliseconds after doing so. Also, they need to fix being pushed out of cover when someone spawns on you.
4) Some of the guns are OP, some aren't. I'd like to see more damage from the 40mil.
5) Don't have a rocket or nade launcher? Just use your med or ammo pack to break down a wall LOL.