PDA

View Full Version : My first *public* video of BFP4F

Asfodhell
2011-09-05, 04:38
Hi Old Guys !

Here is my first public ( :wink: ) テつ*video about Battlefield Play4Free テつ*:D
Don't look too much at my crap gameplay as it was my first round with this shotgun and I made a lot of mistakes .... Blush
I already played a few times with the standard 870 Combat, but it was a long time ago !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-S5_0slF1w

I don't intend to show off any kind of skill in this video
Got some fail moments recorded there ...

@TheIncredible : yes I'm sorry it was me but I didn't see your question as I was too much focused on my new toy テつ*:wink:
The "?", as you'll see, was about me shooting you at point blank without killing ... Hitbox fail ...

Hidde
2011-09-05, 11:54
Why are all your videos 480p? Do you record in half size or something?

Asfodhell
2011-09-05, 12:07
Well, I record with MSI AfterBurner
MJPG Compression - 70% quality - 1/2 frame - 30 FPS
The video is now about 100Mo for 1 minute

Done the montage with Sony Vegas Pro 10
The video is now about 10Mo for 1 minute

Got a poor 2Mb/s Internet with 0.13Mb/s upload (at best) so ....

And also, my HDD is running out of space (had to do a back up of another one of my computers) with merely 15Go free space over 500 .....

Hidde
2011-09-05, 12:40
Really, use Fraps.

Asfodhell
2011-09-05, 12:51
Fraps really does not fit my need (got the full copy) as 10 minutes of gameplay is awfully huge on hard drive for no reason !
It is also a pain to compress it afterward テつ*:roll:

I'll record in a better quality next time (and set Sony Vegas to not try to turn it into 4:3 テつ*:x )

Hidde
2011-09-05, 14:57
The size of the videos is the same if you record in the same quality, Fraps is just much easier to use imo. Could you tell me on what resolution you are playing? There's a nice guide for using Fraps and Vegas, made by an annoying lad that joins our ts every now and then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZnjLndbl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZnjLndbl0

Asfodhell
2011-09-05, 17:14
Oh great !! thank you for the heads up :)
Still, I prefer to use MSI AfterBurner as it doesn't stupidly use my whole computer just to record ^^

Anyway, I'll try some different things ...

One strange thing is , I got trouble in Vegas because it is in french ... ツ*yeah, its in my langage and I got trouble to see what means what (stupid guys who tried to find french names for things meant to stay in english) ... ツ* too much habits over the english softwares you say ?? ツ*Yeah I guess ツ*:roll:

Hidde
2011-09-06, 07:17
Well I assume the things are in the same place, and you can roughly understand what's what. You don't need to use that many options here ^^ although I understand, had the same problem with some games translated to Dutch by a translating machine, there was a trick to fix that, I believe you had to go to the folder with all the language folders in it (called <language>-<country>, e.g. nl-nl for Dutch, en-us for American English, en-uk for British English, pt-pt for Portuguese Portuguese, pt-br for Brazilian Portuguese etc.), and you would have to change the name of the folder of the language you want into the name of the folder of the language you currently have (for you thats French, and most likely fr-fr). So for you, changing the fr-fr folder into something random and changing the en-us or en-uk folder into fr-fr would do the trick. Then Vegas recognizes the fr-fr folder, thinks its French, and you have your vegas in English.

Not sure if this works, it worked for a few games for me, but definitely try it out if you want English :wink:

Hidde
2011-09-06, 17:20
Probably found out now, the files that are usually in the en-uk/en-us folder are already in the vegas pro xx.x folder for me, for you those files are probably the ones from the fr-fr folder, there should be an en-uk or en-us folder then. Copy the files in there and paste them in the Vegas Pro xx.x folder, overwrite the baguette-files (or back-up them first if you like) and you should be done. I could send you my english files if you don't have 'em already.

C4b4nossi
2011-09-06, 18:51
One important hint::

Do not use just any music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

countries with stict copyright laws does not allow these movies to be shown at youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!

use youtube's own musik for background if you need something...

....could not watch yours テつ*:cry:

RPGforYOU
2011-09-06, 20:02
Thats because you live in Germany rofl they restrict 99% of all youtube movies >.>

Hidde
2011-09-06, 20:50
yeah no need to use that many exaggeration marks as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not our fault you can only listen to 007 sound system on youtube

C4b4nossi
2011-09-06, 23:30
....sry... just annoyed that every 2nd p4f movie that i wanna watch is prohibited in germany テつ*:cry:

Asfodhell
2011-09-07, 01:29
Oh dude, really that sucks !
Well , try this http://www.hidemyass.com/youtube-proxy/ just seens someone linking this to a guy who got the exact same issue :)
It might work

C4b4nossi
2011-09-07, 02:22
thx.. ツ*works for watching. But is no solution for daily use. Cant use it (or the ffplugin) for the og homepage or youtube while logged in - fucks up site cookies and statistics ツ*:cry:
... and am much too paranoid to send my logins via 3rd party connections since stealthnet and ftpworld affairs.... テつ*:wink:

Hidde
2011-09-07, 12:44
Just upload to Vimeo if you want Germans to be able to watch it.

Vercetti
2011-09-07, 13:29
Shhhttt... as a French guy you do not want to show the Germans your tactics, just to be sure.... :p