PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 will not have an in-game serverbrowser

Vercetti
2011-08-28, 23:41
Quoting:
The tables have turned. A day after we gladly reported that console gamers would be getting this great PC feature called “server browser”, we can now report that PC gamers won’t have an in-game server browser. DICE’s Alan Kertz has confirmed that in order to switch servers, you have to exit Battlefield 3, and use Battlelog to find another server and join.

Granted, Kertz points out that BF3 “starts up really fast”, but we can’t imagine it being more effective than having an in-game server browser, which has been the norm in PC games for decades — in fact, there’s no other game that requires you to exit in order to switch servers.

Considering that server switching is frequent among gamers, either because of rage quitting or trying to find a better game, or something third, this could cause some annoyance. We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out (no pun intended) when Battlefield 3 is released. So far, it’s kinda disappointing news, but we’ll see how it turns out in the end.

Console gamers now have in-game server browser, while PC gamers don’t. Oh the irony.
source: http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-pc-version-wont-have-in-game-server-browser/

SnakeXT
2011-08-29, 01:12
Its like P4F but slightly better news. lol

People got a "wait and see" attitude towards this but I can say right now, its going to be a nuisance.

Asfodhell
2011-08-29, 01:38
I was an Alpha tester for Battlefield 3 and I can say (or can't I ?? Â*:? Â*) that joining a server was thru a website, no game UI

Caveman
2011-08-29, 23:21
So far i like it and it feels way better then BC2. In battlelog you can join friends or search for a server and when you join, the game starts and you are directly in the server! so it saves you a lot of time to be ingame. 8)

In BC2 for example you first have to load the game login 2 times and then look for a server of join a friend and then the map has to load and that takes a whole lot longer to be ingame from the moment you started up your game.