PDA

View Full Version : A windows tale

C4b4nossi
2011-08-03, 09:01
had a weird story that I need to tell:

Usually I turn on my PC daily, even if only for 30 mins. one wednesday my antivirus told me about a infection of a wdm.exe file that was repared as I told. The fix reqired a restart and everything was fine. PC run unattended more then 24 hours for a complete systemscan that finished without problems. The next restart was also fine, played a bit. turned it off. Due to a lot of work and my girlfriend I had no time to even turn on my Pc for 3 or 4 days. When I came back to my playroom, to play a bit - it was a lil epic moment. My finger hovered the powerswitch for a second, celebrating the expected gaming night. My Win 7 Ultimate x64 bootet and told me I was pranked by software piracy and should get a valid version. (I know it is not valid :) ). The same install disk was used for more then 10 other PCs - none of them failed their bootup-activation check. But my one constantly bothered me with that f**king window.
Well as this system is only 5 weeks old, I was not amused to install the shit again. So I searched google for solutions to keep my windows semi-valid without a new installation. No Way! So I prepared the fail-windows with a "Easy Transfer" routine, downloaded a few up-to date win 7 versions and burned them, added a new partition to my main hd and was ready to start the reinstallation this morning. I turned on the machine..... and everythink is fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no more message about piracy; have back my desktopbackground, "System properties" show windows OEM activated. I have no clue how this is possible, but it is! Only bad thing is now. that I am afraid to shut it doen again.... ÂÂ*:wink:

Vercetti
2011-08-03, 10:45
OMG, you download illegal software? :p

Caveman
2011-08-03, 11:09
Hehe lol, well you know where to find the necessery software if it happens again! Let me know if it works!
Never made a guest account for my hidrive before! :wink:

SnakeXT
2011-08-03, 12:21
I got win7 ultimate x64 software Â*:wink: Â*

Only way to get the "legit" tag on in properties is hiding one of the updates that ask for "your legit copy" and update as usual.

Edit.. Cool Story Bro.. /Edit.

Reason2doubt
2011-08-03, 12:25
Or you could buy it, Ultimate x64 only cost me £30