PDA

View Full Version : Official annauncement from ea and DICE about the alpha test!

Caveman
2011-07-25, 19:00
http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5490/kw/Battlefield%203%20beta/showhome/true

http://www.dcinc.eu/download/images/BLOGCAT.png

QUESTION

I have some questions about the Battlefield 3 Alpha! What can you tell me?

ANSWER

What is the Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial?

The Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial is a closed test event to perform a number of server-related tests in preparation for game launch. Participation is limited and by invitation only. Please note that this is not the Open Beta due in September, and it is not the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition, and it is not a public demo. The Alpha Trial is a tech-focused test event that does not represent final quality of the game.

How can I participate in Alpha Trial? Where's my invitation?

We are deploying invitations in support of our test objectives. We understand and share our fans' anticipation for the game, but simply must limit participation at this time.

Am I able to post screenshots, videos, or comments about the Alpha Trial?

No. All participants accept a Non-Disclosure Agreement as part of redeeming their invitation. All discussion about Alpha Trial should remain within the forums of Battlelog. Violating this condition can lead to exclusion from the Alpha Trial.

Where can I get information on technical issues for Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial?

Due to the closed nature of the Alpha Trial, we are limiting the amount of specific content on this help site to what is listed below. Please reference the Forum section of Battlelog for Alpha Trial specific technical discussions and answers. If you have received an invitation for Alpha Trial but are having trouble getting set up, please select "Contact Us" on this site to be connected to one of our agents.

Minimum System Requirements

If you're having any issues at all, please check the minimum requirements below to ensure you meet or exceed them.

Installed: Origin
CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25GB free
Video: 512 MB or greater DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, NVIDIA 275.50 or later (see below))
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection

If you meet or exceed the minimum requirements, please regard the below issues that we are currently aware of and working to find resolutions for.

zh1nt0 from DICE on the official battlefield blog:

Hello folks! I´ve been getting many questions on twitter regarding the Alpha Trial and also the upcoming beta which was announced at E3 to be in September.

It´s amazing that so many people want to share their experience and are so keen on playing Battlefield 3.

Here are som questions and answers you might find useful :):

How can I get into the Alpha Trial?

It is a highly tech focused test period where the main purpose is to do a number of server related tests in preparation for game launch requiring a set amount of players online to ensure the final experience is as much fun and easy as possible.

Is this the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition?

No, this is an Alpha Trial, meaning this software is still not at the "Beta" development milestone. The Open Beta will start in September. The exact date for when Medal of Honor: Limited Edition players can join the Beta will be announced at a later date.

Can I join the Battlefield 3 Closed Alpha Trial?

The Alpha is a closed test and by invitation only. If you'd like to have a chance to be called upon make sure to register for our newsletter and ensure your Veteran status is up to date.

We are also not giving away keys to the Alpha Trial on any of our social networking platforms.

Recently a Medal of Honor: Limited Edition Beta newsletter went out to users. What is that all about?

Well, that newsletter says you are entitled to play the beta in September. It is however not a ticket or a code. If you purchased a copy of Medal of Honor with the Battlefield 3 Beta sticker on it, you are eligible for the Beta. If you have not received the newsletter, make sure you opt in on your EA Profile to receive them. Also, if you haven´t received the newsletter and own a copy of Medal of Honor: Limited edition, you are eligible to play in the beta.*

If you have any questions regarding this blog post, feel free to contact me on www.twitter.com/zh1nt0

silverfox83
2011-07-25, 21:38
Hmm how large will our servers be?