PDA

View Full Version : After installing TeamSpeack no sound in BFP4F???

Gisse
2011-06-28, 13:15
I am not sure what went wrong.

Last night i have instaled Team Speak and sound in BFP4F is gone. Even after computer restart nothing new, no sound. When i started with out Team Speak also no sound.

Any idea? Will re install BFP4F to see will that change something.

st0mpy
2011-06-28, 14:06
very odd...sounds like a soundcard/sound settings issue, have you checked youve not turned off any channels or anything?

Gisse
2011-06-28, 14:11
I have noticed that Team Speak have added new device. Will need to experimente with that.

Llandy
2011-06-28, 16:13
Try running ts as "administrator", might help?

Gisse
2011-06-28, 16:21
I found it. After Team Speak is installed BFP4F starts muted ÂÂ*8O ÂÂ*:roll: ÂÂ*If it is not started you don't see it in volume control panel.

Problem solved.

NullVeer
2011-06-28, 19:43
If your using Windows 7, go to control panel, hardware and sound, and then click below on the line 'Adjust System Volume'. Make sure every program's individual volume is where you want it to be.

The problem you might have is perhaps connected with Teamspeak's volume control feature. Some people check it in the setup wizard, however you can also control the option under tools I believe.

Volume control on Teamspeak is a feature that lowers the volume of all programs except teamspeak when someone from teamspeak is talking. This is a good feature to have when your listening to music and talking to people or your flying around in a jet or driving a tank and are still able to talk to someone easily.

However there is one drawback to this. If you are not in a battlefield game, and you are just in the HUB (The main page of the BP4F program and someone talks, the Volume control turns down the BP4F volume, but since you are in the HUB where volume of the game is controlled under options, it doesn't turn back on for some reason.

Thus BP4F remains muted until you go back to adjust system volume and turn the program's volume control back on manually. Volume control and this game do not work unless you start teamspeak after you join a game, or mute people talking until you join a game.

However I just don't use volume control anymore, bummer, but w/e.

Gisse
2011-06-28, 21:02
If your using Windows 7, go to control panel, hardware and sound, and then click below on the line 'Adjust System Volume'. Make sure every program's individual volume is where you want it to be.

The problem you might have is perhaps connected with Teamspeak's volume control feature. Some people check it in the setup wizard, however you can also control the option under tools I believe.

Volume control on Teamspeak is a feature that lowers the volume of all programs except teamspeak when someone from teamspeak is talking. This is a good feature to have when your listening to music and talking to people or your flying around in a jet or driving a tank and are still able to talk to someone easily.

However there is one drawback to this. If you are not in a battlefield game, and you are just in the HUB (The main page of the BP4F program and someone talks, the Volume control turns down the BP4F volume, but since you are in the HUB where volume of the game is controlled under options, it doesn't turn back on for some reason.

Thus BP4F remains muted until you go back to adjust system volume and turn the program's volume control back on manually. Volume control and this game do not work unless you start teamspeak after you join a game, or mute people talking until you join a game.

However I just don't use volume control anymore, bummer, but w/e.

Just done that and problem solved :) Thanks on full explanation.