PDA

View Full Version : BF3 demo recap!

Boby
2011-06-28, 00:31
Hey guys i was recently at dreamhack and got the opportunity to play the battlefield 3 multiplayer demo so here's a quick recap that reason2doubt wanted!

One of the main problems (for me atleast) that kinda ruined BC2 on PC was the hitreg i dont know how manny times it saved me from Sharps 40mm shotgun :) But dont worry, BF3 hitreg was crystal clean.

Map was operation metro on rush mode, obviously rush mode the maps get linear, but nothing compared to the chokepoint meatgrind party that most rush games in BC2 end up like, there was ALOT more flanking routes in compared to any BC2 map.

Operation metro played out in Paris, so there was ALOT of buildings you could enter.....and blow up:D people really enjoyed sitting next to a ammo box on third floor throwing down grenades.

Second base was in the subway as seen in the MP trailer, was really dark down there and it was so easy to get ambushed, one very cool thing down in the subways was seeing rockets fly since it was so dark, they really did light up the whole place, seeing the rockets fly further down the subway and seeing everything get dark again was amazing

Enough about the map now lets talk gameplay details!

the butterknife ala bc2 style is gone, you can now equip the knife aswell as doing stealth kills, while knife is equiped you slice with it(just like BC2) no matter where you hit them you had to slice them twice:p, stealth kill only works if you manage to sneak up behind an enemy, this is the only way to actually get their dogtags it was instant kill of course.

Engineers had a flashlight attachment on their weapon, it was SO annoying ones they got close it totally blinded you!, but then again flashlight made them easy to see at range.

The improved destruction was not fully implemented in the demo, sometimes i had to fire 3-4 rockets to get a simple house wall down:p other then that the improvement is alot bigger then it was from bc1 to bc2.

C4 throw trick still works.

There was one tank in the demo, but since 90% played engineer as soon as i entered it 10 RPGs came flying.

Graphics are just insane, crysis got beaten pretty bad:p gues ill have to upgrade....

Sound in BC2 is really good, till you hear BF3:D who would have thought they could improve it that much....

The animations is VERY fluid, very realistisk, just made everything so much more awesome,

Wookies dont exist anymore R.I.P.

The time it took to kill someone felt like BC2 when all your bullets actually register.

Thats about it, those are the things i think is important from what i saw.

Most of this is already out on other sites from people that played the demo at E3 so i apologise if you already knew all this. Reason2doubt asked so nicely i just had to:p

Gues i have forgotten alot of things like i always so, so feel free to ask me anything:D

Vercetti
2011-06-28, 00:45
I hate you. [period]

:lol:

MI-six
2011-06-28, 01:43
Can we have a copy ? :D

C4b4nossi
2011-06-28, 06:29
Very interesting...thx a lot!

jaskaman
2011-06-28, 07:59
Thx a lot, nice info indeed!!! :D Hopefully hit registration will stay crystal clear to the end :)

I moved this topic to BF 3 :)

Caveman
2011-06-28, 10:27
Thanks for the info and like Vercetti said, I hate you too! :wink:

RPGforYOU
2011-06-28, 11:53
Its gone be awesome ! :P

AceMarksman
2011-06-28, 13:54
Thanks for the info Boby, just wets the appetite even more.

Reason2doubt
2011-06-30, 09:59
Boby thank you so much for sharing this information with us! I (stupidly) hadn't realised it was on any other websites, seems pretty obvious now lol! Thanks a lot buddy its nice to hear it from the fingers of a regular BC2 player on the OG servers.

Top man Boby!

SMuNT
2011-06-30, 10:45
Thanx for the info, got me excited!

macgyver1969
2011-06-30, 17:46
Can't wait to experience it myself. Thx Boby.

echoseven
2011-06-30, 17:49
any hints of system specs yet?

jaskaman
2011-06-30, 18:51
any hints of system specs yet?

There is no official announcement yet about specs. Just unofficial :)