PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 now for free

Petze
2011-06-24, 09:52
May you didnt notice; Team Fortress 2 is now for free: http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/

Edit: My Steam Account: Petze

K-radviper
2011-06-24, 14:52
Yea its good i'll add you (Ji)TheStriker24

Ossa
2011-06-24, 21:47
Lol, now I have 0 incentive to pick this game up again.

Freeloaders suck.

Petze
2011-06-24, 22:43
Lol, now I have 0 incentive to pick this game up again.

Freeloaders suck.

If you realy think so, there is also a plug in for servers where only (pro) payers are alowed.

I still dont think there is a evidence to "free loaders suck" in this absolut form. Everybody have to learn a game, now there are just a bunch of them right now, thats all.

SnakeXT
2011-06-25, 02:10
Whats the point of a F2P game when you can buy the whole game for a one off price with everything?

st0mpy
2011-06-25, 13:06
maybe its valves way of releasing a demo and calling it free to play, hoping that freeplayers will convert to buyers

Reason2doubt
2011-06-25, 14:07
I never understood the objective behind this game. I bought it on a steam special offer and played it for about 30 minutes, clueless as to what i was meant to be doing. And it was full of little kiddies screaming at each other.

st0mpy
2011-06-25, 16:37
There are many game modes which may lead to some confusion but its heritage is the pure ctf mode which revolves around (usually) 2 flag widgets, one per side, that attach to an enemy that touches it with the aim of carrying it home to a cap point to redeem it as a cap for your team. dying while carrying it means it stays on the field until either another enemy runs over it to continue the cap attempt, or it times out and resets back to the home sides flag keep in their base.

at any time a team has an attack and a defence profile and matches are both a battle to get in a fort and take the flag home as well as defending your own, and often theres a battle over a flag in the field with successive enemy diving in kamikaze style taking it a few feet and friendlies mowing them down trying to protect it from being touched for the reset

the original Team Fortess Classic was an official mod for the original Half Life series on the then popular quake2 engine, which itself was based on an older and lesser played quake1 mod called just Team Fortress. Â*It was very much like battlefield 2 in the way there was 2 sides and 9 classes to choose, and everyone was a human character, from the demoman explosives expert, up to the heavy weapons guy with the rambo chain gun but since they made it like playing the incredibles ive never bothered with it....was too into battlefield by then.

Ossa
2011-06-25, 19:46
Team Fortress 2 was (might still be) an incredibly epic game.

Got lots of good memories from that game, even won some dollars in it.

Stopped playing after pyro update though, not because of the update, but I guess I got bored of it.