PDA

View Full Version : [teamspeak] sensible text to speech .ini for download

st0mpy
2011-06-24, 01:44
if anyones been using the text to speech mode in teamspeak theyll notice that its really wordy and keeps repeating the channel name, along with other long ass ways of saying something simple

this is fine if you run multiple channels but for me in just OG channel it was getting annoying in the middle of talking having the announcer going on and on and on...so ive edited my speech aliases in the .ini to be concise and to the point, without loosing any information

if anyone wants to try it its in the Battlefield Play4Free channel file browser, named

"TS SPEECH EDITS V3 REMOVE CAPSsettings.ini"

remove the caps, close TS and swap it with the settings.ini in your C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound\default_speech folder

(or C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound\default_speech if its a 64 bit OS)

Vercetti
2011-06-24, 09:09
Works very nice!

Instead of:

"User joined your channel Battlefield Play4Free on Old Guys Gaming Community",
It says:
"User joined your channel"

Very nice :)

st0mpy
2011-06-24, 14:52
thanks frank, yeah i made the assumption that people would know what channel they were in and didnt need reminding every time someone arrived, but the announce is left on when ppl themselves switch/are switched incase theyre using blind keys

seems the default was made by someone that put everything possible in every possible alias to cover every eventuality...its way more functional now :)

C4b4nossi
2011-07-10, 15:53
I am using the "direct X overlay" plugin in TSĀ³ now. It shows the name of guys actually speaking in TS and displays global joins/leaves. Works nice on BC2 and Homefront for me. Settup was a bit tricky: You need to either restart ts or the game to make changes active.