PDA

View Full Version : Man Down..

SnakeXT
2011-06-09, 21:15
.....and he just missed the revive coz of the 5 second timer... ÂÂ*:roll:

Anyway, the new update has fucked up my game completely.. uninstalled it, got rid of the files in My Docs and tried re installing, same problem. Looks like Im MIA until they fix it, until then, its going to be BC2 or any other games on my steam library..

I will check around and get new blood joining OG but thats all I can do..

Vercetti
2011-06-09, 21:19
Man that sucks!

Did you already requested help on the P4F forums?

SnakeXT
2011-06-09, 21:20
Yes and they suggested re installing the game, but that failed too.

st0mpy
2011-06-09, 23:13
Did you uninstall it first? are your video drivers up to date? what are the error messages?

to uninstal completely

go to my documents and delete the P4F folder- save out a copy of controls.con if you dont want the hassle of setting your keys up again (i constantly keep a backup of this, important-keep it outside the folder if you do, itll try to read both)

check add remove, it doesnt appear on mine, if it does, uninstall it - the PTE does appear, uninstall that too (essential)

go to C:\Program Files and delete the pte and p4f main folders

open the registry and delete these keys
if on a 64 bit os
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\PTE\Battlefield Play4Free
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free

or if on a 32 bit os its these
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\PTE\Battlefield Play4Free

Once you reboot theres a launcher in the browser somewhere, but thats it, all the main program is rinsed out

Update your videocard drivers- if you dont know how, then you totally need them done, come to think of it, if you dont know how to update vidcard then be careful in the registry lol, idk your tech level, otherwise if its still baulking on reinstal, make sure your OS is up to date, and post up the errors here, maybe spyware/virus after that- checked those lately?

SnakeXT
2011-06-09, 23:17
OK my head might explode. ÂÂ*:D

I think I know how to update my video card drivers, aint done that in a while.

st0mpy
2011-06-09, 23:21
is it this error?

soul is as regular a player as you are, seems to be a big problem with this version

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=36381

SnakeXT
2011-06-09, 23:28
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=36312

im downloading new drivers will update soon..

SnakeXT
2011-06-09, 23:53
failed to write registry value installation dir?

drakenclaw
2011-06-10, 00:24
go to search and type: "regedit"
Than follow st0mpy's steps ;)

just delete the whole play4free strings + map, than you have to be able to reinstall. Otherwise delete the strings, the map and just download it. Most of the stuff will be re-written.

I hope this helped a lil bit ÂÂ*:lol: