PDA

View Full Version : I seem to be playing less...

Zert
2011-06-07, 02:10
Greetings friends,
I seem to be running on empty the last few days when it comes to battlefield p4f :( . Since I gained my 4th level 20 I feel less of an urge to log on. There are no new maps, no server browsers (essential this) we can’t pick teams; I’ve seen it all and done it all. We cannot even have squads which I’m sure you will agree is a massive detriment to teamwork. Hell, we cannot even choose the point to spawn at.

Now with the E3 news tonight of the BF3 coming slightly sooner than expected and closed coming even sooner 8O , well I’m wondering if they will make the game playable from a clan perspective before that time. I hope this malaise will pass and I will once more spend incredible amounts of time on this game but Easy need to start throwing us a bone :x Â*– and I don’t mean more supper high margin content in the form of guns. Â*
What are other’s thoughts on this issue?

SnakeXT
2011-06-07, 02:47
We all feel the same way. If you can see the answers EAsy gave when OG visited them in Sweden they gave some answers that, for me anyway, brought up more questions and doubt. Also Ghost Recon Online is coming soon and that will give a serious right hook on P4F. Only reason people are hanging on to this game is coz of the cup which has been delayed further.

We will get squads but for other game modes, which we don't know
We will get server browser, which we don't know yet
We will get more maps, which we don't know yet

and so on..

I hope this won't put you off from joining OG, we got other games that fill the gap, like Bad Company 2 if you PC can run it.

st0mpy
2011-06-07, 05:47
those bf3 vids are awesome

but yeah, once you get 4x20 the game changes, thats why i take a new weapon a day and spend time with it, change up my engi to different loadouts, go learn some tanking (which i suck at eternally, always prefer apc, but its so weak), maybe not play for a couple days

its a spacefiller- gotta play something, and when i do id rather it be with a bunch of guys i can have a laugh with, irrespective of whether EA get their act together now or never

i still think itll be barely started by the time bf3 arrives- look at the heroes product arc, thats lasted more than a few months. Of course OG will have a bf3 clan so im not sure its going to make a lot of difference- just the TS channel name will change :D

Zert
2011-06-07, 14:15
I agree guys; BFp4f might get decimated come the bf3 beta in September, I hardly remember the last time I anticipated a game with such fervour. Â*:D You are right snake, reading the forums there is a bunch of vague answers and platitudes from Easy. It’s always soon, or “we are working to integrate it” or (insert generic answer that pacifies without giving us a date to call them on later) :?

I guess it’s no matter as September is not so long and as St0mpy says It will more than likely just mean a change of TS channel Â*:P Â* I shall re-spec and try guns I have never tried ( shotguns for one! ) just to keep things interesting – hell I might even try and get good with jets using the mouse ( while enduring the mockery of my public server team as I bail and miss sitting targets hehe!)

I think I must adhere to the Stoic Philosophy on this one.
In the words of Marcus Aurelius - “If you are distressed by any external thing, it is not this thing which disturbs you, but your own judgment about it. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now.”

Therefore we must count our blessing I would suppose that the only thing to worry about is the state of a game; this means were are mostly free from the many other trials and vagaries of life, which would make the mere thought of worrying about a source of entertainment, a thing to be ridiculed by those who have much deeper problems.
I would seem a good night’s sleep puts one in a philosophical mood Â*:)

Another ray of hope for us clan speaking, is Red orchestra 2, a game I have been anticipating for the last 2 years since I heard they were working on it. I would like to get some people in the sections enthused over this game set on the eastern front during ww2. Keep your eyes peeled for videos on this title from E3 and if I find any I shall post them. It is another squad based fps, very deep and a real classic pc only game.

And now a little breakfast before I spend another idle day absorbing the news from E3 Â*:wink:

SnakeXT
2011-06-07, 20:47
Besides P4F, Im usually playing Counter Strike, Supreme Commnader 2 (just getting to grips with this new game), Alien Vs Predator, Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead 2, Splinter Cell, Battlefield 2, Project Reality etc..

So yeah, Im not too fussed about not playing as I can fill the time with other games. Â*:D

st0mpy
2011-06-07, 21:03
ha i was wandering around earlier thinking hmm i should have said learn to fly on that post last night :)

of course dont forget about tier3, it seems to be not very high on the list but gradually i see the assets creeping into the game files, once the lvl20 cap is off its tally ho into whatever new skills they send our way, as well as finally being able to compile the engineer loadouts into one hardcore vehicle master

Xanatos
2011-06-09, 23:55
Do we have a steam group =D ?

SnakeXT
2011-06-10, 00:15
We do but people are lazy to join the group, besides its invite only, not public.

Zert
2011-06-10, 00:34
I have been feeling like some left4 dead 2 the last few days but I only like to play it on the hardest difficulty mode on realism Â*8) if something is not testing you and you don't thing you can do it then you must try all the harder and succeed -then your rewards are far greater.

I will be happy to play some other stuff - to much of the one game makes for a dull gamer I think. Â*:D

st0mpy
2011-06-10, 00:45
new map today zert

Zert
2011-06-10, 01:01
Sweet! I'll be on Â*in 10 to try it out. Â*:D