PDA

View Full Version : Medic class is awesome :3

Salvenius
2011-04-11, 20:40
Ok so I am super happy with myself :P Played some BFP4F today at lunch and was sucking badly...we're talking 2/10 and onwards. I jumped out to grab a training point and whack it on defibs to help my team out before jumping back in. Couple of minutes into the game and I spotted a gang of the enemy heading towards a gang of team mates.

I jumped in and revived my team mates until finally legging it as we were being overpowered, only to run into a flanking enemy . We both kind of did a double glance at each other, not realising we were both enemies and my mind went "meh, you'll be dead in a second, may as well try to grab a defib kill"...so I ran at him, defibbed him...but his team mates saw me...next minute it was like I was possessed by a demon. I flew at one guy and defibbed him, only to watch the 2nd and 3rd guy turn and begin to shoot. I didn't bother to dodge and aimed to defib them both, which in the process I had a medpack behind the wall from the gang fight earlier...unfortunately when it was over...another dude finished me off.

Sadly I was only able to grab a screen of 3 in a row but there was a fourth. Silvanoshi was the reason I even have a screen since he watched the whole thing go down XD

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14494711/Four_Defib_Kills.jpg

Kriky
2011-04-11, 21:02
ahahhaa u dont need to shoot bullets i see :D
NIce!

Vercetti
2011-04-11, 21:15
Cool story bro ÂÂ*:lol:

Nah, nice! Defibr. kills ftw!

Champ
2011-04-11, 21:44
hmm you havent met a "sniper" yet, I mean the engi's with vet weapons, shotting straight across the map with a smg

Legend
2011-04-11, 23:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

Good Luck though lvling up ur medic:D

Salvenius
2011-04-12, 00:57
level 10...already racking up the defib kills...might pester HATE to see if the team are able to keep track of such kills...I must already have 30 kills with the damn things :P

Oh and for your viewing pleasure: Cetti was 1 of those kills >:3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14494711/Defib_Cetti.jpg

Vercetti
2011-04-12, 10:04
OMG!!!!!

Ok, now I will post Screenshots of your and Lena's awesome score of 3 - 15.

Champ
2011-04-12, 12:40
I think i mostly always get a positiv score

Yacko
2011-04-13, 13:41
I hate medics, they never heal you when you need them...

Vercetti
2011-04-13, 13:57
True, except for some that know how the game works.... That's why clan=win.

Champ
2011-04-13, 14:34
I know how ! I get tons of points from heal team mate and some revives too

Yacko
2011-04-13, 14:43
I run around screaming for a medic, then I get like 3 enemies firing at me because I am running around like a fool looking for a medic and then I die. Thank you medic class.

If I was the dev. team I would make a mini map medic icon. So when you call for a medic, you can see where the medics are. I would also implant a feature so medics can look at teammates health or better that all teammates can see each others health. Its much more realistic, because on the real battlefield you can also see your fellow soldiers condition or ask about it.

This would make the medics job easier, and maybe raise exp. for healing teammates.

Vercetti
2011-04-13, 14:55
Post it in 'tips and suggestions' on the P4F website :)

Lennna
2011-04-13, 15:09
Ok, now I will post Screenshots of your and Lena's awesome score of 3 - 15.

I had even a better one yesterday: 2-16 ftw!

Yacko
2011-04-13, 15:17

I don't think they even read it. By the way, the guys made allot of successful games, you would think that they are smart enough to figure it out them self, not?

I do appreciate the free game, but I think they don't want to put too much effort in the game. They want a easy to make, low budget game for free, and get as much money out of it by making a in-game item store. If my pc could handle it I would be playing Medal of Honor or Battlefield BC 2 everyday but sadly my pc can't handle those games :(

Vercetti
2011-04-13, 15:25
Well, Battlefield Heroes is also a title from them, and the game develops every time.
Trust me when I say, they do listen to the community.

Lennna
2011-04-13, 15:32
Yep they do listen to us quite well. They released several stuff and changed many things in BFH because of suggestions of the community. So don't be afrait to post a suggestion on the P4F forums Â*:wink:

Mathes
2011-04-13, 15:35
Yep they do listen to us quite well. They released several stuff and changed many things in BFH because of suggestions of the community. So don't be afrait to post a suggestion on the P4F forums Â*:wink:
Your just saying that because your hypnotized by the blue's ÂÂ*:P

Champ
2011-04-13, 15:39
the stuff to see your team mates health is a trainable feature if i am not mistaken.

Vercetti
2011-04-13, 17:13
I did not know that Champ! I will check it out tonight!
Thanks for the tip!

Yacko
2011-04-13, 17:15
If you every want to play a match with me, add me as friend if you want.

Champ
2011-04-13, 17:36
I am champ18 or rarely champ78

Yacko
2011-04-13, 18:21
I am champ18 or rarely champ78

I added you,

Btw: did anyone notice that just random friends pop up on the list?

I got a bunch of people that I don't know, or didn't want to add on my friend list everyday.
And everyday I got to delete em all, I think the game adds friends to your list automatically or something is bugged...

Salvenius
2011-04-13, 19:33

I don't think they even read it. By the way, the guys made allot of successful games, you would think that they are smart enough to figure it out them self, not?

I do appreciate the free game, but I think they don't want to put too much effort in the game. They want a easy to make, low budget game for free, and get as much money out of it by making a in-game item store. If my pc could handle it I would be playing Medal of Honor or Battlefield BC 2 everyday but sadly my pc can't handle those games :(

Oh they read things, unfortunately they don't always have chance to reply or state they are looking/considering things.

As to medics...that is a community issue/error more than a game error/issue. Not to be harsh but I personally run around with people or when I spot my own people, I will throw med packs at them or in decent spots they can find them and heal from. However because I do that doesn't mean everyone else will and because everyone else doesn't heal, doesn't mean I don't...if you catch my drift ;)

As mentioned, there is a perk that can be trained within the combat awareness section that will show a team mate's health but I believe it is in the tier 2 section meaning you need to throw 5 points into tier 1 before grabbing it.

Overall, it all boils down to who you are playing with and against...in other words...while it is great you have a medic on your side and you are busy owning the enemy...it is down to that one medic to run across the map, stay alive AND heal you while giving you supporting fire so you can heal to full health.

I have spent countless number of rounds standing behind a wall while a sniper and assault dude take down the enemy, all the while throwing down med packs, reviving them when they die and covering their backs in case someone flanks us all...to be honest, being a full supportive medic isn't all that fun but thankfully the points you get for it are rewarding enough.

So sometimes I don't blame a medic if they decide to go rambo or "ignore" the pleas for a medic but with that said, it doesn't help the team unless they can pull off being rambo

Yacko
2011-04-13, 20:23
Another thing that bothers me a little is the fact that classes are locked. It's much useful to switch class in game. This gives a more tactical asset to the game. So when their aren't enough medics, you can swap to medic, if your team needs ammo, you can switch to give ammo. Now they locked the class changing, so you can't use you're bought items on all classes, so you spend more money buying stuff for you different classes and if you want more classes, you have to buy them too!

So money > tactical asset

Salvenius
2011-04-13, 20:57
Then the game wouldn't be a team game (or designed to be a team game)

BF2 had what you described but the flag system was different, in face the whole game mode was different.

BF2 was simply capture flags, use them as spawn points while kills = ticket loss. The more tickets you had under your control the more ticket loss for the enemy and a ticket drain happened until you lost most of the flags

In Play4Free flags mean a faster point increase but kills do not affect it. Kills simply show who can kill the most and also shows who is defending flags or stopping attempts to steal flags etc. In other words if Person A doesn't capture flags, camps in one place but had a K/D of 15/3...he is not being a direct help to his team

If Person B is capping flags and gets a K/D of 6/7...sure it's not a great K/D but he has been a direct help within the team's victory.

So what does that have to do with switching classes? Simple...Play4Free is not aimed at Rambo's or for people who believe they are a "one man army"...it's a team game where everyone pitches in.

If you want health, rely on a medic or grab some adrenaline shots. if you want ammo, rely on an Assault. if you want a vehicle destroyed, rely on an Engi and if you want someone to take out long distance targets or to spot out where they are, rely on a recon.

In BF2...while there was a team element, most people just became a "Jack of all trades"...if they killed an enemy medic and was wounded, rather than waiting for a medic or running with a medic...they stole the enemies' kit, healed themselves and switched back to their own kit and continued...

Again, it goes back to "It's about who you play with and against"

Doeboy
2011-04-13, 22:53
hahaha ÂÂ* Hacksaw!!!!! :)

Nice kills though, only ever managed one kill with paddles

oldcrankyman
2011-05-01, 21:04
I run around screaming for a medic, then I get like 3 enemies firing at me because I am running around like a fool looking for a medic and then I die. Thank you medic class.

If I was the dev. team I would make a mini map medic icon. So when you call for a medic, you can see where the medics are. I would also implant a feature so medics can look at teammates health or better that all teammates can see each others health. Its much more realistic, because on the real battlefield you can also see your fellow soldiers condition or ask about it.

This would make the medics job easier, and maybe raise exp. for healing teammates.

Medics can get the ability to see everyone's health on the training tree. ÂÂ*Just gotta unlock it and put points in.

Vercetti
2011-05-01, 22:14
Didn't know that. Learned something new today :)