PDA

View Full Version : Low graphics ??

Champ
2011-03-24, 16:58
Can somebody tell me how i get the worst possible graphics in BC2 with my ati 3600 card ?
A fomer trialist helped me when he was a part of the clan, but after i had to set up my pc again, theese settings was gone, and i dont remember them. I Have had "too good" graphics" since this re install.

I am not sure but i feel my fps are very low right now, my graphics freezes suddenly for like 3-5 seconds, wich is very annoying when you pair it with high ping/latency

FluggerNO
2011-03-24, 17:10
U can try this Champ

To get an ATI frames boost:
- Set Catalyst A.I to max

For a reported 10-20 fps boost:
- Documents>BFBC2 and open up "settings.ini"
- Change "renderaheadlimit" to 0 instead of 2

For a reported giant general performance boost:
- Change "Bloom=true" to false

For another potentially big performance update (especially with Quad Core users):
- Documents>BFBC2 and open up "settings"
- Change "HSAO=true" to false (also settable in the in-game "advanced" graphics settings)

Other settings.ini changes that you can try:
- Undergrowth=”medium” – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues. This map has a lot of it.
- Water=”medium” - Not really any water to traverse in this map, go ahead and set this to low.
- MSAA=”2? - This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to “0?
- Shadows=”medium”- you can also set this to low to improve performance
- Textures=”medium”- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.
- Aniso=2 - Set this to 0 to disable Anisotropic filtering.

Hope it helps.

FluggerNO
2011-03-24, 17:11
U can try this Champ

Set Catalyst A.I to max

Documents>BFBC2 and open up "settings.ini"
Change "renderaheadlimit" to 0 instead of 2

For another potentially big performance update (especially with Quad Core users):
- Change "HSAO=true" to false (also settable in the in-game "advanced" graphics settings)

- Undergrowth=”medium” – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues. This map has a lot of it.
- Water=”medium” - Not really any water to traverse in this map, go ahead and set this to low.
- MSAA=”2? - This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to “0?
- Textures=”medium”- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.

Hope it helps.

FluggerNO
2011-03-24, 17:13
Try this Champ.

- Documents>BFBC2 and open up settings.ini
- Change renderaheadlimit to 0 instead of 2

- Documents>BFBC2 and open up settings.ini
- Change Bloom=true to false

- Documents>BFBC2 and open up settings
- Change HSAO=true to false (also settable in the in-game advanced graphics settings)

- Undergrowth=medium – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues. This map has a lot of it.
- Water=medium - Not really any water to traverse in this map, go ahead and set this to low.
- MSAA=2 - This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to 0
- Shadows=medium- you can also set this to low to improve performance
- Textures=medium- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.

Vercetti
2011-03-24, 17:27
Wow, you really had to post that 3 times? Â*:lol:

FluggerNO
2011-03-24, 17:33
WTF LOL... got an error on this post every time I tryed to post it..
And LOL now they are all here..

Well SPAM SPAM SPAM Â*:lol:

Champ
2011-03-24, 17:56
Thanks flugger will try this, not sure if i already have, but i will try

Edit:

It seems i had done most of it except the AI thingy and this:

Buthave done it now and will test it soon.

PS;

Is there anybody that have any very good advice to a NOOB when it comes to over clocking ? will it help ??

Kenzey
2011-03-24, 19:25
buy a fucking new system...
Why is everybody playing on ultra low details?! cant understand

Champ
2011-03-24, 20:31
hmmm Kenzey, you know i am unemployed right ? and that a new system good enoug cost between 1500-2000 euros ? when that is what i "earn" after taxes in 2 months, it will seem it can be hard, cnat it ?

And why play on low ? you see people, and kill more (that is somes reason) mine is; I cant play any other way, never had.
It is what i get when i have a computer bought to play Football Manager and not fps games on.

Soo for now i stick to FM and to BP4F.

Flugger your tips worked, i guess, now it is only my ping that is a problem, i am wondering if i may ask my internet company to boost my line for one month, to see if that helps.

Mathes
2011-03-24, 20:49
U can try this Champ

Hope it helps.

Vercetti
2011-03-24, 21:04
lol@ mathes

Champ
2011-03-24, 21:11
Pretty much the same as Flugger posted THREE times above, but thanks for the effort mate/mathes ?

Frank, why dont I atleast have a nice yellow color on my nick ? or am i not you friend ?

Mathes
2011-03-24, 21:29
Pretty much the same as Flugger posted THREE times above, but thanks for the effort mate/mathes ?

Frank, why dont I atleast have a nice yellow color on my nick ? or am i not you friend ?
NP mate ;)

FluggerNO
2011-03-24, 21:48
@Mathes u friken copycat Â*:P
Nice one Â*:wink:

MightyDWC
2011-04-05, 03:03
Will post this here and in BC2 section. Basically it's a launcher for BC2 that will allow you to changes options that can only be changed in the settings.ini file, but it will do it wilthout opening the file, and it will save those settings and launch BC2 for you with those settings. I use it religiously, maybe this will help you. BTW with full setting I usually avg about 100-120 fps at 1920x1080.

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/downloads/1/24/23607/thumb_620x2000/launcher.png

Download link here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gossamers-launcher/downloads/version-13