PDA

View Full Version : Possible release date?

Doeboy
2011-03-16, 20:30
http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCBA20-Battlefield%203%20Limited%20Edition.html

Vercetti
2011-03-16, 20:32
If you pre-order Battlefield 3 Limited Edition before 12pm on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 we will guarantee that you will receive it by the release date of Friday 14th of October 2011, if you do not receive it we will compensate you with ツ」3.00 on your shopto account.

NICE

OldRavenNL
2011-03-16, 22:14
now all we need to know is the release date of the beta! :D

jaskaman
2011-03-23, 09:58
6,5 months to full BF 3, so hopefully beta will be out early enough :D

Vercetti
2011-04-07, 09:31
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164686

Battlefield 3 Confirmed for November 2011 Launch, $100 Million in Marketing

EA CEO, John Riccitiello spoke today at the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York and confirmed that Battlefield 3 will launch in November of this year. Of course, Riccitiello once again brought up how they are going after the next Call of Duty and are aiming to "take that game down".

Additionally, Riccitiello stated they have a $100 million marketing budget for Battlefield 3.

テつ* テつ*Electronic Arts is setting the bar high for Battlefield 3.

テつ* テつ*Speaking during the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York City today, CEO John Riccitiello confirm it will launch Battlefield 3 in November of this year and said the publisher has rival Activision's Call of Duty series in its sights.

テつ* テつ*"This November, we're launching Battlefield 3. It's going up against the next Call of Duty, which is presently the #1 game in the game industry," he said. "A game that last year did $400 million dollars in revenue on day one. [Battlefield 3] is designed to take that game down."

テつ* テつ*Riccitiello later compared this holiday's battle between the two games to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry in baseball and said gamers can expect to see massive advertising campaigns for both titles.

テつ* テつ*"There will be a couple hundred million dollars of marketing against these two products going head to head. We think we have the better product," Riccitiello added.

テつ* テつ*EA Games president Frank Gibeau echoed similar comments during GDC last month when he told us: "Everybody loves a heavyweight fight, and that's what this is going to be. We're here to compete."

IGN

テつ* テつ*Battlefield 3 to 'Take Down' Call of Duty with Over $100 Million in Marketing

テつ* テつ*Battlefield 3 and the Frostbite engine looked quite impressive during the game's GDC debut, and publisher Electronic Arts has made it known for some time now that they won't stop fighting until they've taken back the shooter crown from rival Activision. Talking to a group of marketers at the Ad Age conference, EA boss John Ricitiello explained to the audience that his company is very serious about toppling Call of Duty this fall with the release of Battlefield 3.

テつ* テつ*After showing them a demo, he proclaimed, referring to Activision's Call of Duty, "This game is designed to take down that game." He categorized it as a "battle of the titans", a rivalry like Red Sox versus Yankees or Microsoft versus Google. Riccitiello also noted that there will be a "couple hundred million dollars of marketing going against these two products going head-to-head."

テつ* テつ*Ultimately, Riccitello declared, "We think we've got the better product."

テつ* テつ*Call of Duty is so firmly entrenched in the gaming community that it's definitely going to be challenge for EA. Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter told us last month that Battlefield 3 doesn't stand a chance of edging out Call of Duty this fall.

jaskaman
2011-04-07, 10:50
Very high expectations to this sequel. Lots of money to marketing as well. But I have a good feeling that BF 3 will be worth waiting :)
Still waiting to know when beta will be out. :D

I found this info, it can be fake information though, because usually they don't release games at Wednesday:

"
Today, the EA Download Manager stated the release date for Battlefield 3 was November 2, 2011. Please take a look at the photo below. Of course, this is a leaked release date and is not the official announcement but it is still very exciting news.

It does seem odd that EA would release Battlefield 3 on a Wednesday when typically new video games are released on Tuesdays here in the US but EA may be pushing for a global release date.

This release date would give Battlefield 3 a one to two weeks head start on the next Modern Warfare installment, which is normally released in mid-November.

Both games are due for major news announcements mid-April."
Link to photo: battlefield3forums (http://battlefield3forums.com/content/attachments/48d1301680901-photo.jpg/)

Reason2doubt
2011-05-30, 12:11
This may be kinda silly of me but I havn't heard anything until today about the release date.

I saw this so thought i'd post it incase:

Release Date: 21.10.11

:D

jaskaman
2011-05-30, 12:17
How official this is? (I merged this topic, with yours, Reason.. )

jaskaman
2011-06-06, 23:57
Offisial release date has been announced, it's 25th of October, Multiplayer Beta at September.

Vercetti
2011-06-07, 00:21
Wasn't it the 25th?

jaskaman
2011-06-07, 08:11
You are correct, I changed it to 25th :)