PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Stereo Headset

C4b4nossi
2011-02-03, 10:09
Bluetooth Stereo Headset

I want to share my experience with my Bluetooth Stereo Headset.
Last Xmas I bought on amazon a hdmi cable for my father and thought: Do I spend 6 € for shipping, or do I spend 14€ on a Bluetooth Stereo Headset and get the shipping for free?...so I got also the "LogiLink Bluetooth USB2.0 Stereo Hedset BT0008".
I tried it 1st with my Nokia N97mini phone - works perfect.
2nd try on Laptop with ÂÂ*x32 Ubuntu 10.4 - works perfect with Skype / TS² / TS³ / MediaAudio.
Then I tried at my gaming PC with Win7 Ultimate x64 - Windows Auto Driver installation failed, but told me the correct link to the 3rd party driver support, named the buttons to click and gave detailed install istructions. Never seen this before, but worked without any errors. Installation worked fine. At all I have a handfull of external usb bluetooth dongles - only the newest one worked completely. Looks like Bluetooth has different protocols and functionalities that are not supported by older devices. Anyway, after setting the Bluetooth Stereo Headset as my default Audio In/Out device in Windows and TS³, it took some seconds untill the connection was fully established but worked good then. Speachquality is ok. Sound depends on the used earclips (you can plug any 3.5mm audio jack). Problems appeared only on simultanious usage of TS³ and Winamp. One of them crashes after a while.
Range: :(
When I plug the BT usb dongle directly to the pc, the BT connection gets lost when I pass the door of my playroom. So I put a 5m usb cable between pc and bt-dongle and placed the bt dongle in the door. Then I can enter every room in my flat with a stable connection, but it is not working at the important places: cooker, dishes-washer, toilet, balcony (for smoking), bed.
Loosing the connection for less then 30 seconds is no problem, as long as i return in time, it reastablishes the connection. If not, running applications switch their used audio device to the normal speakers. But they dont switch back automaticly to the BT device when it gets connected again. Windows realizes all connects/disconnects and switches audiodevice automaticly - but not the applications.
So if the range of the connection would be more - it would be perfect. For now I returned to my ÂÂ*2m wired USB HS for better sound quality.

I know from SoniiX that he is using a 130€ BT HS with long range, and is very satisfied with it. So if you are thinking about a wireless solution - spend some more money on it!

Monk
2011-02-03, 12:21
i aint gonna buy it, but thanks for good post ;]

N00ter
2011-02-03, 15:44
My G35 hasnt even got enough cable to leave my gameroom....