PDA

View Full Version : Free game: World of Tanks

xpnl
2011-01-27, 13:24
Do you like shooting with tanks????
A bad ass game for FREE!!!!!!!

World of Tanks is a team-based massively multiplayer online game dedicated to armored warfare in the mid-20th century. Throw yourself into epic tank battles shoulder to shoulder with other steel cowboys to dominate the world with tank supremacy!

An advanced system of vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try out the vehicles and weapons featured in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, punch deep into enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the power of heavy tanks to eliminate opposing forces, or become a high-powered sniper using long-range artillery, each unit type is extremely lethal and effective when commanded by a true tank ace.

It takes more than just being a great tank commander to win. In World of Tanks, it's all about teamwork. Victory can only be achieved through the combined efforts of every member of the team, each playing their own role on the battlefield.

http://www.worldoftanks.com/screenshots.html#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP1HlZCeRiM

jaskaman
2011-01-27, 14:30
Looks nice at least :)

Dielight
2011-01-27, 15:17
classmate of mine plays that, he is an idiot and the game looks horrible too.

Vercetti
2011-01-27, 18:30

I see a correlation there. Does he play any other games?

Kenzey
2011-01-27, 18:32

so what?

Dielight
2011-01-27, 19:30

I see a correlation there. Does he play any other games?

not that i know off. besides being social retarded

xpnl
2011-01-28, 00:04

Kids..... :roll:

app3l
2011-01-28, 05:39
kids? its an opinion? every1 has 1 so respect it ....

Kenzey
2011-01-28, 10:18
kids? its an opinion? every1 has 1 so respect it ....

I say it here and i say it clear....
You realy have to work on "how you say something to someone..."

app3l
2011-01-28, 11:10
Kenzey i knw you hate me. check his answer first before you start with me. I just say something normal ..

Dielight
2011-01-28, 11:37
i checked the game while that classmate was playing it, it looks ugly and world of tanks is just a ripoff from world of warcraft. its just a simple tank game. play operation flash point, then u have realistic tank battles. that is my experience with this game. but ye its free... so is battlefield play for free XD

Vercetti
2011-01-28, 12:34
Love is in the air!

CadBF
2011-01-28, 22:51
Guyz there was already a topic about WoT in this forum. Â*Plz check it before opening a double thread.
Anyway...

I'm presently testing WoT, and I'm more a grandfather than a school-boy. Â*I was lucky enough to ask a couple questions to one of the admins of that beta, on the mike, and here are his major answers :

- despite the dreams of many players, WoT will never improve teamplay. Â*They say they are afraid of stats padding (!)... Â*So WoT will basically remain an individual scoring game, even if a clan ladder will be organized. Â*So according to me it will Â*actually remain a kids game... Â*Graphics are nice though, but don't forget they will never replace interesting gameplay concepts...

- WoT will introduce two more game modes : one "king of the hill" classic mode, and one unusual "defender/attacker" mode. Â*Guess we'll have to wait for the official release before testing those new game modes...

- WoT will not include any anti-cheat system, but players will be allowed to address complains to admins. Â*How long admins will examine those complains and react, they'll of course never tell...

- WoT might include infantry (only AI) including specific related missions for tanks in the future, and maybe even planes. Â*No other precisions about that...

As a conclusion I'd say you might like that game if you want exclusive tank action in short games (roughly 15 minutes to end a round). Â*You may want to play it for free if you're ready to have only basic equipment on your tanks, and be patient enough to reach the top of the notch tier 10 tanks. Â*This will only take eternity to get it...
If you want to wait only half of eternity you will buy "gold" with real money to have a "premium" account and double your experience points and credits in the game. Â*
Just a matter of taste ;-)

cu