PDA

View Full Version : Saturday the 29th January, between: 18.00 and 21.00

Vercetti
2011-01-26, 15:56
Listen up soldiers, it is absolutely imperative that you read this!

You may remember the last time (http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=8052) we asked you guys to test our servers. Well, things didn't turn out quite as well as they could have, so it's time to try and hit that big 10k once again.

You ARE soldiers after all, the best of the best, and we know you can dig in and get the job done.

[hr:4beab8f574]

As soldiers you are expected to be able to fight it out regardless of weather conditions or location, and oh boy do we have a location for you. You will be heading to the great Gulf of Serbia in the middle east... but maybe you know it better as the "Oman".

That's not all though, with new territory and the need to alter tactics comes a whole new set of toys for you to use the wreak havoc on your enemies.

JETS!
Rule the skies and show ground vehicles and infantry alike what a metal, weapon toting bird in the sky can do. Become an aerial ace once again and put these high speed precision monsters to some good use.

BOATS!
Take to the water and hit the beaches hard, your enemies will never see it coming.

HELICOPTERS!
Grab the vantage point by dropping our team mates of before the enemy has time to position themselves or set the battlefield ablaze with these whirling tools of disaster. Support your ground troops and make those enemy tanks wish they had never left their base.

Yes folks, not only you'll be able to have fun shooting each other, but you'll do be able to do it in boats, jets and Helicopters all in the comfort of the sunny "Oman!"

[hr:4beab8f574]

So, if you want to help us stress our servers to the limit by playing on an epic new map, make sure to join us on:

Saturday the 29th January, between:
18:00 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=01&year=2011&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=37) and 21:00 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=01&year=2011&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=37) (CET)*

If not before, we will see you all on the battlefield this Saturday!
That is all; you are dismissed, soldiers!

---------------------
The Battlefield Play4Free Community Team

* For times in your local time zone follow the hyperlinks in the specific linked times.

Lennna
2011-01-26, 16:16
Looks like a huge update...I hope it will be done before 21:00 ÂÂ*:?

Magic
2011-01-26, 16:23
edit

LaZy
2011-01-26, 16:26
This might be a stupid question, be is there already an option to join/bookmark certain servers, or only random ones?

Vercetti
2011-01-26, 16:48
Only random ones for the moment, hopefully this will be implemented soon!

I think they will publish the update for this map to play soon, if it's not already in your files. I don't think that they will let everyone update at 18:00 AND play on the servers (server/ datacenter stress to the MAX!)

C4b4nossi
2011-01-27, 07:57
shit. gotta leave to work 1900... ÂÂ*:(

LaZy
2011-01-27, 16:04
The word on the street is: ÂÂ*gulf of oman is already implemented, some guys even played it already, but they probably forbid the servers to use it untill sunday.

Vercetti
2011-01-27, 16:16
A-ten-Hut!

We present to you another briefing from producer, Aleksander Grøndal.

[hr:512e43d360]
At ease Soldiers,

It’s time for another update from BFP4F HQ. Today I will talk a little bit about the new map release. As you might have read already, the new map Oman will be released on Saturday the 29th of January (http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=9591). On Oman, the US forces arrive by carrier and launch an all out assault on the Russian controlled airfield. On Oman you will be able to take control over attack jets, attack helicopters, transports helicopters, boats, basically the whole shebang that modern war hardware has to offer. It’s quite a lot of new stuff really, and we are extremely excited about showing you this. ÂÂ*As always, we look forward to reading what you have to say about it, so please keep that constructive feedback coming.

For this release we want you guys to be able to test out the vehicle systems properly, so all vehicle training will be unlocked for the time being. Once the Tier 2 Training release hits Soon(tm) restrictions will be added and you have to train to use the various systems. If you are a real aircraft nut, there is of course support for joysticks! (see pic from my desktop where I am configuring it on the updated controls screen)

http://prodcdnweb.lordofultima.com/uploads/1/FlightStick.png

Adding so much new stuff as we do these days, there will bugs. If you do encounter any of these nasty creatures, please report them on the forum. Once reported we will get to them as soon as possible.

Looking forward to tracer-darting your aircraft out there!
Aleksander Grøndal
-Producer
[hr:512e43d360]

Enjoy,
Silvanoshi

LaZy
2011-01-30, 18:38
We can conclude that the servers are not stable enough right?
Or am i the only one that has so much connection problems?