PDA

View Full Version : New info regarding the game

Vercetti
2010-11-08, 18:12
On the BF2 comparisons - the ONLY stuff we are carrying over from BF2 is the vehicle artwork and the level models.

The levels have new lighting, new skyboxes, the playing areas are tweaked, the flags/static weapons/cover are in different positions, the game mode is different.

The vehicles have new audio.

Then you have the other stuff. The weapon models and equipment is all from BFBC2 (super hi resolution) the classes (Recon, Medic, Engineer, Assault) are also from BFBC2, as are the factions (Russia vs the US).

From Heroes we have the progression system - so we have equivalents for VP, XP and HP (as well as sharing your Heroes BF wallet). The progression system in BFP4F is a lot more realistic than Heroes. Where you unlock a crazy ability in Heroes, in BFP4F you can work on physical conditioning (run faster, climb ladders faster, more health) or equipment/combat skills like claymores, underslung grenades etc as well as combat skills like being able to pick our what class an enemy is from a distance.

What's brand new? Most of the audio including the rocking music, the animations, the character models (and of course all the masses of customization items), all the UI and front end, the website.

All weapons and vehicles, while coming from other games they have been tweaked and rebalanced.

A while ago in development I played a few rounds of Karkand on a public BF2 server and then went into a BFP4F playtest. While there are some familiar feelings from BF2, they feel like different games from different eras.

drlost
2010-11-08, 18:56
sound nice and interesting 2 me...i ´m curious as a cat...lol...but not so gay...more lol

ArmedWithBeer
2010-11-08, 19:23
Ill try it out, but the more it looks like BF2 the better because then I can finally own someone on karkand from this clan again. :lol:

DFXZYAE
2010-11-08, 19:53
Sounds nice :)