PDA

View Full Version : New high ping script!

Parashade
2010-09-25, 22:51
Hey guys, the new high ping script sucks :P
OG HC server is the ONLY server i play on since i found it, for about 2-3 months now.
But since yesterday there is a new script active that kicks players over 250 ping.

My ping is usually around 150-200, and occasionally peaks to 250-300 and then i get kicked.
So well bye i guess. Will have to find some other server with nice Admins to play on. =\

C4b4nossi
2010-09-25, 22:55
Sorry for that. But usually the "highpingers" couse lags on the server.

Parashade
2010-09-25, 22:57
Well my ping is 150-200 usually. That's fine, its just the peaks that pop me to 250-300 that get me kicked. Very annoying but ok. -.-

Parashade
2010-09-25, 22:58
What i don't understand is that for 2-3 months i was allowed there, with admins on it.
And now this script is in i can't anymore =\

Ducky
2010-09-25, 23:27
Hello,

You must understand that the people admining this server are doing this in their free time.
They all have a normal life outsie of OG, so they can't be on 24/7.

When we have to kick people with a high ping constantly, this takes up alot of the time we spend in OG, leaving no time to enjoy the game.
Therefore we made some scripts to automate this process and allow the admins to spend more time ingame playing then admining.

This however means, that some individuals will mostlikely suffer under this.

I don't know what actions can be taken to reduce the amount of individuals suffering under this, as i am not in that position to decide that.

Greetings, Ducky

MylilPwny
2010-09-25, 23:46
The high ping kicker is set to 260 ping. If the player has 260 or more for 1 minute, than they get kicked. I will discuss this further with admins, on how to solve it as soon as possible. Meybe we can rise it to 300.

Greets
Pwny

Parashade
2010-09-25, 23:59
No need to rise it though :P
I'll just have to find some other server that allows my noob connection i guess. Q_Q
Just made me sad that i can't play on the only server i ever play on. I do keep trying, but yeah the random kicks are annoying ofcourse.
But yeah, my own fault. But Lilpwny and Champy aren't that bothered with my ping usually. Do see em kick other guys for ping though haha :P

Well im going in again, see if i get kicked! Thanks for the replies atleast OG!

MylilPwny
2010-09-26, 00:43
Ususally we have kicked players when lags occour on the servers. We dont go looking for high pingers for no reason, but after this plugin was activated, i know that there is alot more kicks for high ping than normally on our servers. I am sorry that you are becoming a victim on this issue ÂÂ*:(

Parashade
2010-09-26, 01:24
Just came from OG HC server, seemed fine all of a sudden, no kicks lol.
Weird though, my ping should be pretty stable since i ain't DL'ing anything.

Anyway, thanks for the kind replies, and srry for my whine :P

C4b4nossi
2010-09-26, 09:31
maybe it helps, if you turn off all other internet programs like browser, messengers and so on. Sorry for you...

Parashade
2010-09-26, 11:26
Wow kitty, you think you're dealing with some 10 year old retard that never used a PC or something. "turn of internet programs like browsers etc" loool. :P

Thanks alot.

Ducky
2010-09-26, 12:21
Hello,

HelloKitty does not think you are a 10 year old at all.
He is just trying to be helpfull and gave his suggestion of what might be a cause.

Just because you intepretate it like u posted, doesn't means that it's his actual toughts =)
We are just trying to help.

Greetings, Ducky

13bturbo
2010-09-27, 16:25
Hi Guys

same here been playing for months on here and really enjoying it but now getting kicked for pings that do not cause lags for others, so its over to all the other servers that i play on in europe with no problems and no kicks

could you please delete my profile here

Thanks

!3bturbo