PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for sending an E-Mail with Qicktime Video 77,7MB

drlost
2010-09-18, 15:24
Hi,
any idea(s) :idea: ÂÂ*needed for following issue:
I must send an e-mail with a video-attachment (quicktime mov. at 77,7MB or 156MB)
this Video should not be send via any >open< ways like linkload or other public locations caus its sort of confidential - in other words only the addressed person should see it and not any public viewer by missfortune...
So I need some hints how to deal with it, caus my mail (neither outlook, nor my t-online mail prog.) progs. will not handle it (reason att. too big). ÂÂ*8O Whow think a small Vid like 156MB or even a Vid of 77,7MB should be too big nowadays..,.how come?

Thx in advance, :D

drlost

DrakoVII
2010-09-18, 15:58
Gmail works fine.

C4b4nossi
2010-09-18, 16:42
usually most mailproviders limit the size of emails. Free providers limit usually to 5 or 7 mb. Payed providers limit sometimes to 50 mb. This goes for sent and recieved mails! In your case I recommend a kind of "online-harddrive" where you just login with account and password.

Here is a german example: http://www.mydrive.ch/

There you can upload your file; set up a "guest account" and email this "guest account"-login data to the addressed person. Then he can login and download the video. You can delete it afterwards. Only peaple that have a login, can access the file. You have 2 gb free space. The service is free. Used it myself some years ago.

drlost
2010-09-19, 13:54
Thanks so far...I have put it into the classic way: analogpostoffice - hahahaha.
But for the future the idea of a online-harddrive sounds cool..I will have a look ÂÂ*8O
THX very much

@drakoVII: Gmail(?), do I just google it...and have a look - I will try. THX

tux83
2010-09-19, 18:04
gmail = googlemail in germany