PDA

View Full Version : How Treyarch is Dealing with Tactical Insertion Boosters

JohnnyPara
2010-09-18, 10:47
In Modern Warfare 2, Tactical Insertion boosting was a huge problem. Two boosters would find a secluded spot on the map, and one would plant down his Tactical Insertion, while the other booster would headshot him for camo, or for a tactical nuke, or whatever unlockable/emblem/title that booster wanted. In Black Ops, we see that Tactical Insertion has returned, but there is a catch, Treyarch actually cares about it and wants to make changes to it, but wants to still keep it around for the "Tactical" part of it.

Vahn, a Game Developer for Treyarch says:

We love Tac Insert. It does a few things for the game strategy. A well organized team of Tac Insert user can roll the competition in Demo. It's grand, really, and how it should be. Counter by organizing your own team of Tac Insert users and roll with Hacker.

It also solves a problem. A lot of you are super convinced you can make a better spawn system than we can. That's cool. So, here you go. Here is Tac Insert. Pick your own spawn point and stop yelling at me.

Trying to use Tac Insert but are getting Tac Insert spawned camped? Well, you probably deserve that but you can now cancel your own Tac Insert in the Killcam. That's new to Black Ops.

The main reason I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you? We can disable it. And, I just did for Free-For-All (hardcore and core) variants. It will still work in Private Matches in Free for All, but then you don't get XP in Private Matches so it can't be used for boosting.

The game has a reporting system. Report boosters and let's make examples of them. Once you lay the ban hammer on enough bad people word will get around that we don't take too kindly to this sort of thing.

So it seems like the Tactical Insertion has been changed for better. It will also be difficult for boosters to find a way to boost in Team Deathmatch or any other mode using the Tactical Insertion, because they can easily be spotted, if you see a teammate on the map in a corner just sitting there.

Also, there is a new way to report the boosters, by using theater mode. You can record boosters (or cheaters, glitchers, hackers, etc.) and report them to Treyarch. This way, you can report them but with proof, and at the touch of a button! This should bring the amount of boosters crashing down.

But unfortunately, even if they removed Tactical Insertion, boosters always find a way to cheat, as they do in almost every game. Hopefully, we will all learn to use the Tactical Insertion, for good, not for evil.

Bowtome
2010-11-02, 12:14
My 11 year old is a Booster, I do walk past and slap him in the head when he does it.